• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommended Albergues/Hostels From Vigo Santiago

Brian K

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2015, 2017, 2018 - Portuguese 2022
Hi,
Any recommendations for Albergues or Hostels on the later stages of the portugues route . We are starting in Vigo and then plan to follow Brierley's recommended stages from Redondela to Santiago but we are open to other options that may be outside the recommended stopping points. I've been to Santiago many times so I think I've got that covered. Also, any feedback on whether you think we should book ahead (We start from Vigo June 7th) I personally hate the idea of having to book ahead, but I know that COVID has changed things so just want to be safe, especially as I will have my wife and son with me. Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In Vigo is no albergue but 5 kms ahead in Nigran is one
In Redondela is a big albergue . Lot ma of noise, smelly etc. Better walk 3 kms further to Cessantes where is the Refúxio de la Jérezana See Facebook

In Pontevedra, Caldas de Reis and Padrón are albergues
Santiago you know

Vigo has a good municipal albergue since 2021.
I would strongly commend the private albergue Vingt Catro in Tivo, just before Caldas. Good food on site, lovely garden and very hospitable. O Milladoiro might suit, if you want an easy morning approach to Santiago.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In Redondela, O Conserveira is a private albergue. It's right in the center of town. When I was there in 2018 it was clean, relatively quiet, and the beds were comfy.

Vigo has a good municipal albergue since 2021.
I would strongly commend the private albergue Vingt Catro in Tivo, just before Caldas. Good food on site, lovely garden and very hospitable. O Milladoiro might suit, if you want an easy morning approach to Santiago.
Appreciate your feedback!

In Redondela, O Conserveira is a private albergue. It's right in the center of town. When I was there in 2018 it was clean, relatively quiet, and the beds were comfy.
Appreciate your feedback!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.