Research survey on the Camino + my Camino reloaded

PerlaDelCamino

Jun 3, 2018
Europe
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2018
Chemin Le Puy /Via Podiensis 2019
Greetings all,

I am a recent pilgrim on the Camino Francès (2018) and digital cultural heritage scholar at the University of Northumbria, UK (perla.innocenti@northumbria.ac.uk; https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-staff/i/perla-innocenti/). This forum helped to prepare for my trip, thank you for sharing your experiences!

I am currently researching how Camino pilgrims record, curate, and share their journeys in a digital world.

While walking the Camino (Leon-Santiago, then Finisterre-Muxia) I interviewed many pilgrims; now I would like to extend the research with this short online survey: https://northumbria.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/how-camino-pilgrims-record-curate-and-share-their-journey . Your contributions are very welcome.

For the record: I just came back from the Camino, but this experience meant so much for me at a personal level that I have decided to go back next week, this time starting from St Jean. Some of you may meet me along the Way - just look out for my red Bestard shoes and Osprey Talon 33 grey pack:)

Buen Camino!
Perla

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Oct 29, 2013
New Zealand
Time of past OR future Camino
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
C. Frances sections Apr-Jun 2019
Greetings all,

I am a recent pilgrim on the Camino Francès (2018) and digital cultural heritage scholar at the University of Northumbria, UK (perla.innocenti@northumbria.ac.uk; https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-staff/i/perla-innocenti/). This forum helped to prepare for my trip, thank you for sharing your experiences!

I am currently researching how Camino pilgrims record, curate, and share their journeys in a digital world.

While walking the Camino (Leon-Santiago, then Finisterre-Muxia) I interviewed many pilgrims; now I would like to extend the research with this short online survey: https://northumbria.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/how-camino-pilgrims-record-curate-and-share-their-journey . Your contributions are very welcome.

For the record: I just came back from the Camino, but this experience meant so much for me at a personal level that I have decided to go back next week, this time starting from St Jean. Some of you may meet me along the Way - just look out for my red Bestard shoes and Osprey Talon 33 grey pack:)

Buen Camino!
Perla

I've completed the survey. This is a really interesting angle - different from the usual focus of camino-related research. A fascinating area of research and from reading your university profile it sounds as though you have done some really interesting work. I hope you get a good response to your survey.

And Buen Camino for next week!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello. I am considering walking the Camino for the first time this fall, probably beginning the third week of September in St. Jean. But I keep reading about how crowded the Camino is, including...
One death attributed to a heart attack last week. Two pelegrinos gored, one seriously. One broken leg and many ending in Pamplona due to knee and leg and ankle injuries. Is it possible to confirm...
Is there a list of albergues that also have private rooms on the Camino Frances? Gracias.
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...
And another attempt looms, to buy a decent Poncho after trying and failing in the previous two likely towns. Anyone know where an Altos or similar might be bought in Leon, please? 😁
Has anyone used this hotel? It is near Ferrerios on the Camino Frances. How is the hotel and is it close to the Camino? Found it on Google Maps but I can't determine how near to the Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides