• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Return from Muxia to Santiago

rainswift

Time of past OR future Camino
Jun 2024 - Portuguese Litoral + VE + Finisterre
I need to return to Santiago from Muxia on July 2, in order to take a flight out of Santiago the next day.

Monbus does not release their bus tickets for the next month until 4-5 days before the end of the current month. (E.g. If you need to travel on June 1, you have to wait till May 27 or so to buy an online ticket). I wrote to Monbus to confirm this and they said it was so. They did not provide an exact day they would release tickets.

I'm worried that I won't be able to buy a ticket for the bus from Muxia to Santiago. I'll be hawking the Monbus site during the last week of June, but I might miss the ticket schedule release and be out of luck.

A taxi from Muxia to Santiago is prohibitively expensive, but I would do it if I had to. Just asking the wise ones here if there's any other options to get from Muxia to Santiago? I am not able to drive in Europe (not safely at least), so renting a car is out.

Rome2Rio only showed Monbus as a bus service from Muxia to Santiago. I tried looking on Omio and Alsa but they don't seem to have a route out of Muxia.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
For what it’s worth, we caught the bus in Muxia to Santiago the morning we were traveling with no pre-bought ticket. In fact, there were only a handful of us that morning on this route none of whom had tickets. We simply bought them from the bus driver. I don’t think you’ll have any problem getting a seat.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'll see if I can get into Muxia for the morning bus; my original plan was to arrive mid-morning, get a Muxiana, and then take the afternoon bus. But needs must.

I also like the backup plan to take a bus to A Coruna and the train to Santiago, thank you @Tincatinker.

We were there last year in the fall, when things were quite busy. No problem booking bus tickets once the schedule comes out, a few weeks ahead. You should be fine, but always good to have a backup

The mid-day bus is the one most crowded usually. We saw people turned away from it that didn't have tickets last summer. Early morning and late afternoon times, not as much. Most of the early and late riders were local workers the times I have ridden. You can probably buy a ticket ahead of time for the mid-day bus on your phone even a day or two ahead. The driver lets all passengers who have a ticket board first and then sells seats to those showing up to buy from the driver. There is no seat assignments, but having the ticket may mean you get to board the bus time of your choice.

edit: I will also say that the driver allowed "standing room" on the early morning bus this winter when there were school children and hospital workers who needed to get to school and work. Most rode only a short distance. My students and I (12 of us total) were the only ones getting on the bus at 6 a.m. in Muxia and going the whole distance to Santiago.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@auburnfive The schedule does not come out a few weeks ahead if one has to travel at the beginning of the next month. I've been watching the Monbus website, and I wrote to them; they only release tickets for the next month about 4-5 days ahead. (E.g. If you are travelling June 1, you can only get a ticket May 27). This obviously makes it more difficult/stressful to get a ticket if you're travelling early in the month, but is not a problem if you're travelling later in the month, which I pointed out to Monbus by writing to them. (But of course they did not change their system, haha).

Thanks @J Willhaus - my first plan will still be to hawk the Monbus website in the last week of June to hopefully pick up the afternoon ticket from Muxia.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi All - I am a debit card /cash only girl, its just how I live. I transfer X amount of money from a savings on to a debit card and then use my debit card. I've been looking into using the Wise...
Hi Everyone, This second Camino seems to be a go, even though I am far from ready! (1st Camino 2016, 2nd attempted 2019, needed surgery then tried for 2020). I still don't have shoes! Lol I...
I wanted to share my experience using the luggage forwarding/storage service offered by Casa Ivar. I flew from Dallas to Paris, arriving in Paris on March 29th. I’d requested DHL shipping from...
Hello, I was trying to plan on catching the 4:00 pm Monbus from Samos to Santiago. I can see from the many reviews online this bus company is not reliable and treats customers terribly (denying...
Hi all! Not sure where to post this (moderators, please feel free to move to the correct section if it’s wrong here). Due to a mess up of the Dutch postal service, the parcel I sent home from...
which is the bus to take to cross the town of Burgos and find yourself on the camino francès to the other side of Burgos? what are the stops where to take the bus in Burgos and where to get off...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back