• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Roncesvalles to Pamplona on Sunday mid October

Hougomont

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2023
Hi all,
We are walking through France to SJPDP in October and aim to finish in Roncesvalles on a Saturday afternoon. We want to transfer to Pamplona on Sunday morning by bus. But from reading other posts it appears bus services don’t operate on Sundays.
Is this the case?
What alternatives are available?
Cheers Chris

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi all,
We are walking through France to SJPDP in October and aim to finish in Roncesvalles on a Saturday afternoon. We want to transfer to Pamplona on Sunday morning by bus. But from reading other posts it appears bus services don’t operate on Sundays.
Is this the case?
What alternatives are available?
Cheers Chris
Yes that is the case.

Taxi. Or walk faster or slower so as to arrive on any other day.

In your OP you say you are, "walking through France".
Are you starting in SPdP or further North into France?

I ask because I was faced with a similar problem, only mine was in March.
I worked it out that I was due to arrive in SdC on a Saturday and I wasn't convinced there would be onward travel available to me at the weekend.

My answer was to identify three consec. days and 'compress' them into two days.

That gained me a day and allowed me to arrive on Friday.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In your OP you say you are, "walking through France".
Are you starting in SPdP or further North into France?

I ask because I was faced with a similar problem, only mine was in March.
I worked it out that I was due to arrive in SdC on a Saturday and I wasn't convinced there would be onward travel available to me at the weekend.

My answer was to identify three consec. days and 'compress' them into two days.

That gained me a day and allowed me to arrive on Friday.
Thank you Derek,
Yes we are starting In Decazeville and walking through to Roncesvalles. As we have planned accomodation and rest days at specific locations it will be more difficult to change bookings. We are now investigating taxi options for Sunday morning.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I was trying to plan on catching the 4:00 pm Monbus from Samos to Santiago. I can see from the many reviews online this bus company is not reliable and treats customers terribly (denying...
Hi all! Not sure where to post this (moderators, please feel free to move to the correct section if it’s wrong here). Due to a mess up of the Dutch postal service, the parcel I sent home from...
Arrive June 1st in Madrid. The only train I can find gets me to Sarria very late in the evening with a 7 hour layover in Ourense. I am looking to get a taxi, private driver or shared ride to Samos...
I am catching an Alsa bus from asturias airport to Oviedo, then from Oviedo to Leon. I have bought the tickets online and was concerned about the short connection time in Oviedo. If I miss the...
Hello everyone! Due to my bad knees, I can't walk the Camino Santiago. Instead of going home, I have found that going from Albergue to Albergue to catch up with friends is the camino I have chose...
Hi all! I am currently on the Camino and running into an issue with my debit card. My bank is switching over all debit cards and deactivating the old ones. The card is being mailed to my house in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back