• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rough In Planning Support

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
SJPP to SdC, 2023
CF, 2024
Greetings all!
So I'm a "proper planning prevents poor performance", kinda guy.
I was able to make a loose schedule for my Camino Frances last year that worked extremely well, and allowed me to complete the Camino within the time I had....
If I can assist any who are trying to complete their first Camino, please reach out! Note I can ONLY assist with your travels on the Camino Frances, as that is all I've completed thus far!
Blessings and Ultreia!!
Gary
UPDATE
I've gone ahead and added my 35 day calendar from 2023 here in the hope of its usefulness!
UPDATE #2 - this year my budget is 50€ per day.

Attachments

• 20240329_120545.jpg
    20240329_120545.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14,585
  • 20240329_120554.jpg
    20240329_120554.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  • 20240329_123315.jpg
    20240329_123315.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The best plan is to not have a plan. Carpe diem.
Live in the now and enjoy each day.
When you are spending over $1000 to travel from N America to Europe, it's a good idea to have at least a loose plan so that you allow yourself enough days to accomplish what you want to accomplish.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When you are spending over $1000 to travel from N America to Europe, it's a good idea to have at least a loose plan so that you allow yourself enough days to accomplish what you want to accomplish.
If economy is an issue, set and book your arrival and return dates, and in between those, take it as it comes.

Life is so full of dates and obligations. Walk the Camino and be free, for once. It may be a revelation.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is something a bit ironic about insisting that another person's plan should consist of no plan. 🙃😉
Well yes, literally, it is what I guess they call an oxymoron. However, it is a valid statement taken in the spirit it was offered!

A good plan for the CF would be to start in SJPdP and finish in Santiago at some point later. I accept various payment methods for this not to be shared secret plan which I have copyrighted.

OK, so, we’ve got “Man plans, the gods laugh”, “if you want to hear god laughing make a plan”, “no plan lasts beyond the first encounter with the enemy”, “planning is just an appetite, not always easily controlled”, “when god created Adam she laughed for eons”, “and still chuckles now and again” (ok, so I made up that last bit).

I’m always disappointed when I read posts asking “which bits to skip so I can do the “whole” Camino”. Does no one do grammar anymore? And I’m also equally disappointed when I see people posting “the” perfect Camino with luggage transport company, Albergue and souvenir opportunities covered off.

But I am totally with ( my grandchildren assure me that that conveys meaning) @trecile that if you’re spending a significant chunk of the average European’s Camino budget just to get to an obscure little town in provincial France you’ll likely like to have some sort of plan for what you’re gonna do next.

So, IMO, no plan at all - try driving a car with your eyes closed. Every bed, meal, fart opportunity, and selfie planned on the basis of that which you found on line…..
oh, that’s gonna hurt!! 😉

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I agree, though in my case you could usually more than double that $1000. For most of my caminos I’ve travelled from Australia and needed to work out how much time to allow, give or take a few days. For a few caminos, I’ve been based in France at the time of walking. For the latter, we could more or less walk out the front door or take a fairly short train ride to begin our camino and, with no great distance or expense for return travel, the end date was flexible. For the former, not so much. 😎

There is something a bit ironic, and sad, that one's life should be lived according to a plan and not to spontanuity.
Unfortunately not many people can afford to be spontaneous, either time wise or financially, and for us it would have been nice at times to have lived life”away with the fairies”

However little things like work, school holidays and mortgages got in the way
Now that we are retired, we can be spontaneous and often are but this hasn’t always been the case
Such is life!

I'm a avid planner. I love the planning process.
But I don't walk my Camino to a plan.

The planning beforehand allows me to:

1. Know how long to allow for my Camino, so I can book flights! (most important reason)
  2. Add is rest days and short days 'just in case'.
  3. Look over the route for any 'problem' areas such as a couple of long VdlP days that cannot be shortened. (so I can have a Plan B)
  4. Review what's along the route in terms of must see and must stay places. (Like Father Don Blas' Donativo on the VdlP)
That's it really. OK, the plan is very detailed :oops:
But that's just because I enjoy the process.

In reality..........

• I finished 3 days ahead of the plan.
  • Stayed in lots of towns / villages I had not planned to stay in.
But a rough plan in mind helped.

It actually allowed me to be spontaneous, if that makes sense.
I had no concerns about time or keeping to a schedule, because I allowed enough time.

PS.
Only $1,000 for a ticket? I wish.......... try flying from Australia or NZ.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Only $1,000 for a ticket? I wish.......... try flying from Australia or NZ.
I was going to write "thousands of dollars," but there are people (especially who live in the Eastern US) who can find tickets that are close to $1000. From the west coast $1500 round trip is fairly common. Also $1000 USD is around $1500 AUS. 😉

I was going to write "thousands of dollars," but there are people (especially who live in the Eastern US) who can find tickets that are close to $1000. From the west coast $1500 round trip is fairly common. Also $1000 USD is around $1500 AUS. 😉

On the main carriers you could easily double that from Oz.
Though I'm already shopping around for next year ;)

Looking on Sky Scanner, I just found a flight for $1,300!
Only 34 hours with 2 stops...........

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We always set off with, at the least, a rough plan but we have an oft used phrase on our Caminos and in life generally. ‘Plans are made to be changed’. There is no shame in making a plan or in changing it. Quite the opposite. I love that the camino sometimes unfolds in ways that give us opportunities to adapt. 😎

Last edited by a moderator:
I looove planning! Its part of the experience for me. On my first Camino I was stressed about keeping to the plan - "what will I do if it does not work". The camino had a couple of lessons for me, one of them being that my plans dont work. My body behaves different from day to day etc.

So now (5th trip to the Camino) I still plan, and enjoy it. But, I am totally relaxed to what will actually happen. So it's almost as with knitting, for those that take the reference - knitting and yarn shopping are two different hobbies :p Planning the camino and walking the camino are two different "hobbies" for me.

But a rough plan in mind helped.

Yes: ”A plan is nothing; Planning is everything”” (Eisenhower).

Whether you stick to your plan or not, the process of planning forces you to think through scenarios, possibilities and alternatives and so actually provides a basis for improvisations – and on top of that, it is quite funny and exciting. That’s how I see it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I would always plan my pack contents.

When we walked I came on here, communicated with a couple of people, booked a room in SJPdP, ‘phoned Orisson, and then we winged it, stopping when we felt like it. There were far fewer albergues then but we managed to avoid most of the ‘stages’.

I agree that a vague structure gives the freedom to deviate within it; this might provide the sweet spot between planning to the last detail and pure spontaneity.

Greetings all!
I was able to make a loose schedule for my Camino Frances last year that worked extremely well, and allowed me to complete the Camino within the time I had....
If I can assist any who are trying to complete their first Camino, please reach out! Note I can ONLY assist with your travels on the Camino Frances, as that is all I've completed thus far!
Blessings and Ultreia!!
Gary
Hey Gary!
I’ve been planning my Camino since last august-almost time! I fly into Madrid at 9am on 22nd. I haven’t purchased train ticket yet, I do have renfe app, because I’m not sure how long it will take me to get to the train station location where I get one to pamplona. I do have a reservation that night in pamplona since only one bus a day goes to St Jean. I have reserved in st Jean also for the 23rd. Is it confusing at airport to get to train? I am traveling for the 1st time out of the country, alone, and no very little Spanish. Any advice would be helpful! I have other questions also but won’t bombard you!
Val

Hey Gary!
I’ve been planning my Camino since last august-almost time! I fly into Madrid at 9am on 22nd. I haven’t purchased train ticket yet, I do have renfe app, because I’m not sure how long it will take me to get to the train station location where I get one to pamplona. I do have a reservation that night in pamplona since only one bus a day goes to St Jean. I have reserved in st Jean also for the 23rd. Is it confusing at airport to get to train? I am traveling for the 1st time out of the country, alone, and no very little Spanish. Any advice would be helpful! I have other questions also but won’t bombard you!
Val
Val, your plan is an excellent one! You have a process mapped out with plenty of flexibility to allow for surprises.

Getting from the airport to the train station is fairly easy. Follow signs for Cercanias. And most airport staff will have some English or will nudge you to someone who does.

You’ll love it all. Buen Camino

I thoroughly enjoy planning,booking and researching all our Caminos ( I lead a group - no fees,friends!).
I have discovered so much about seemingly inconsequential hamlets on the Caminos,which add both interest and appreciation of where we are sauntering.
We are of a certain vintage and use the Correos for luggage and Booking.com in the main .
We don’t use albergues, yes we can afford not to.
Please don’t tell me what I’m missing,cooking pasta in a crowded kitchen, or queueing for the loo - been there, done that - we still meet fellow Pelegrinos en route, sharing stories,experience and so on.
We know roughly what our daily mileage is and plan accordingly and act pragmatically when needed.
It’s our Camino and it is Buen;as I hope everyone’s is…

Von Molke remarked that no plan survives contact with the enemy. But then Eisenhower went from teaching logistics in West Point to C in C European Theatre. And to quote Michael Jackson, "the rhythm is gonna getcha". You'll have a blast, but not the one you planned for. ☘️

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have roughly 50% of my Camino planned at this point, the rest will be handled en route. Oh, and my round trip tickets cost less than $900 US (from Texas) this year!

Greetings all!
Blessings and Ultreia!!
Gary
What no one has said so far is that is a very nice offer and an openness to deal with the anxiety felt by many first time pilgrims. Thank you for the support

The best plan is to not have a plan

I’m always disappointed when I read posts asking “which bits to skip so I can do the “whole” Camino”. Does no one do grammar anymore? And I’m also equally disappointed when I see people posting “the” perfect Camino with luggage transport company, Albergue and souvenir opportunities covered off.

I feel strongly both ways regarding what Alex and trefile have written. I have no real plan when I go on the Camino. But I do plan getting to my starting point and getting home. Once I start walking. I also love planning my Camino and then tossing my plans on the garbage knowing once I start who knows what will happen.
Weather, illness, happiness, terrain, injury, new found energy, pace and/or rhythm changes, challenges presented by the Camino. Lots of unforeseen stuff that can make all the planning in the world mute.
The disappointment in some posts that @Tincatinker mentioned are just a few o f the posts I find disappointing, so now I don’t read them.
It was tough to have a disagreement with @alexwalker when he quotes John Lennon!!!!!;);)

What no one has said so far is that is a very nice offer and an openness to deal with the anxiety felt by many first time pilgrims. Thank you for the support
Exactly what I thought, too, but didn't chime in...I'm glad you chose to! 🙂
We seasoned walkers on this forum are eager to share our experiences and opinions, and it's easy to lose sight of the kindness that was sincerely being offered to newbies by the OP, who was recently a new pilgrim himself.

Last edited:
I feel strongly both ways regarding what Alex and trefile have written. I have no real plan when I go on the Camino. But I do plan getting to my starting point and getting home. Once I start walking. I also love planning my Camino and then tossing my plans on the garbage knowing once I start who knows what will happen.
Exactly my point: Of course you need to plan your travel to the Camino, but once you are "on the ground", prepare for the unprepared: That's the adventure. Otherwise, you are bringing your fears and uncertainties onto your Camino. And it can be hard for some...

Get out of your comfort zone and live in the now.

John Lennon was a wise man.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Any advice would be helpful! I have other questions also but won’t bombard you
Bombs away!! Your post has already provided some useful help for you!! The amazing fraternity of ivar's forum!
Take a look at the 3 pics of last year I just added to my original post first and see if they assist.

If economy is an issue, set and book your arrival and return dates, and in between those, take it as it comes.

Life is so full of dates and obligations. Walk the Camino and be free, for once. It may be a revelation.
However, each and everyone of us is free to walk and plan our own Camino as we see fit, what makes one persons Camino perfect may not be the choice of another, your Camino is yours, my Camino is mine.
We walked from Lisboa to Santiago last year, and there were times when I wish we had planned a little better but…

Not sure there is any reason for conflict on this thread. I mean, even some Admins are adding abrasion to the conversation.

There are as many ways to walk a Camino as there are people who actually walk it. Peace be to All.

Happy Easter.

I love the freedom to make impetuous decisions. I much prefer not to book ahead. However, what others might call planning, I call *information gathering*!

I research my route via online guides, this forum and the internet more broadly. I note where I might wish to stay, make a note of albergues offering traditional hospitality, so I can share the experience with like minded types, but also where I might find a good affordable private room, if I need a night away from the snorers.
I note where there is a church which warrants a bit more time, or another bit of heritage to linger over.

I carry that info on a two-sided laminated sheet of A4, just enough detail for me to recall my previous reading. It informs my decisions, so they can be impetuous but still somewhat informed!

Am I the happy medium?🤔

Greetings all!
Blessings and Ultreia!!
Gary
UPDATE
I've gone ahead and added my 35 day calendar from 2023 here in the hope of its usefulness!
Thank you Gary for volunteering to help. I definitely agree with planning and prep, but also like to keep my travel schedule loose as promoted by numerous other forum members: Land in Madrid on certain date, get to SJPP and then walk to Santiago. Depart Santiago on a certain date, but even that I have changed a few times. I don't bother to plan on when I will stop along the way, although I do have many friends and favorite albergues I plan to visit (not so much on the first couple Caminos). My extensive planning and prep has more to do with gear, education and training to meet the numerous and varied conditions, experiences and alternate routes I might choose on a whim. My methods are not for everyone, as many, especially first timers, prefer more solid assurances on where and when they will stop each day.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There is something a bit ironic, and sad, that one's life should be lived according to a plan and not to spontanuity.
To live a life spontaneously and not according to a plan IS a "plan"

You have nothing in your hands.
Any power you have, comes to you from far beyond.
Everything is fixed, and you can't change it.

Trying to secure flights in July for my TMB is 'netting me' about $2,400.00 R/T open Jaw (EWR-->GVA-->PHL) Being in close proximity to July 4th probably does not help but I pine for days wehn I flew from East Coast for $500.00 R/T (yes non-stop to boot) :-(

I pine for days wehn I flew from East Coast for $500.00 R/T (yes non-stop to boot)
I remember (dimly) those days, too. The main difference is that the $500 was 10% of my annual gross income as a working 21-year-old. I cannot believe how cheap air travel is these days, even if you pay for checked bags and a reserved seat.!

hey @Camino Chrissy - unfortunately 1 person
1st flight EWR--> GVA. Non-Stop Main Cabin Economy (1 carry on & 1 check-in) usual "steerage" seat no special perks
2nd flight - GVA --> DUB (2 hr layover) --> PHL Same cabin Economy on 2nd leg we splurged for PLUS seats (wider and more leg room) for add'l $127 each

Like I said I think closedness to July 4th is not helping. In addition when I travel with my wife I am mindful of overall times etc. She's not too keen on flying (although admittedly got a lot better since I've met her initially) so I do try non-stop flights and mid-morning departures (she's ok with red-eyes gogin to Europe)

When I travel solo I'm slightly flexible but I probably wont do 2 stops (esp if I have check-in).

I remember (dimly) those days, too. The main difference is that the $500 was 10% of my annual gross income as a working 21-year-old. I cannot believe how cheap air travel is these days, even if you pay for checked bags and a reserved seat.!
LOL - OK I cannot argue that however my last trip-in-kind was 2021 JFK-BCN Non-stop R\T $535.00\pp.
My 2022 Camino I got EWR-->CdG O\W for $320.00; My wife PHL-->SCQ (via DUB) was only $299.00
(again ,coming back MAD-->PHL N\S on the 4th of July did cost us)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
UPDATE
Gary, this is exactly what I do, too. My first thing is using a blank monthly calendar, which makes a nice and easy visual aid to look at. I pencil in my plans using Gronze, and make changes as I go. When I am satisfied, I finally book my flight. My next step is transferring the information to a spreadsheet, which I tweak a bit and add things as the month/s go by. I always print the spreadsheet and take it with me.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is suggesting that anyone's life needs to be lived according to a plan and spontaneity needs to be avoided. There is a world of difference between a "loose schedule", as TorontoGMan mentions, and rigid adherence to a detailed plan that prevents spontaneity. I have often made loose plans and schedules before Camino. Nothing has prevented me from changing them at the drop of a hat and embracing spontaneity while on Camino. But having made plans has enabled me to experience things that have been some of my best memories, that could never have occurred had I not undertaken some planning. Planning has never led to sadness for me. YMMV, of course.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is $4,000 for me, from NZ including travel insurance. I've planned my accommodation up to and including Pamplona. As this is my first Camino I have no idea how far I will walk every day. Other than SJPDP to Pamplona being planned, all I know is that I start in SJPDP on 25 April and I leave Madrid airport on 3 June. I wish I could plan it all out (I'm a planner by nature), but I'm kind of enjoying the challenge of releasing the planning and seeing how it goes.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It is $4,000 for me, from NZ including travel insurance. I've planned my accommodation up to and including Pamplona. As this is my first Camino I have no idea how far I will walk every day. Other than SJPDP to Pamplona being planned, all I know is that I start in SJPDP on 25 April and I leave Madrid airport on 3 June. I wish I could plan it all out (I'm a planner by nature), but I'm kind of enjoying the challenge of releasing the planning and seeing how it goes.
You have enough of a plan. :)

Greetings all!
Blessings and Ultreia!!
Gary
UPDATE

I have come across this post late in the conversation. I want to say that coming from Australia my trips to Europe are a big deal and I love to plan on a calendar in just the way I see in your photos.
However that doesn’t mean I follow all of the actual plan. While it shows me one way that my Camino might unfold I like to be open to other options.
Thanks for sharing. Particularly on a first Camino planning can make the impossible seem possible - which might make for a more relaxed and confident Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hey Gary!
Val
Trains to Pamplona depart from atocha train station in madrid . The cercanias is the commuter train that you can take from the Madrid airport to atocha station. The cercanias departs from downstairs in terminal t4 at the airport.it runs every 15 minutes and your trip to atocha will take about 30 minutes . There used to be a renfe booth near where you get on the cercanias at the airport , if it is still there it might be easier for you to go in there and get them to help you buy your train ticket to pampolma since you will then know about which train works best for you . If you buy your ticket at the airport (or on the renfe app before boarding cercanias) your ticket will include a QR code for a free ride on the cercanias, otherwise the cercanias costs about 6 euros
FYI all passengers have to go through security to board long distance trains , similar to airport security except that liquids of any size are allowed as are small pocket knives . And sometimes the renfe website/app has trouble accepting us credit cards, if you run into that problem raileurope. Com or trainline .com should work .Buen camino

Greetings all!
Blessings and Ultreia!!
Gary
UPDATE
Generous of you. Thanks for your thoughtfulness.

Greetings all!
Blessings and Ultreia!!
Gary
UPDATE
I love your plan is it based on how many miles you walk per day and if so do you give some leeway in case you walk less or more? I’m training right now to do Camino Frances I plan to try to walk at least 5 miles per day takin it slow and steady. This will be my first time so I’m reading every post and trying to find ones that will work for me. Since it is my first time I have been stuck on how to plan it and I love how you set yours up. Like you I’m a planning sort of gal and like know what tomorrow will bring more or less. I am so excited but still looking for the perfect pack, walking sticks, etc. not sure of when I’ll do it but I’m thinking I’d like to do it during cooler weather as opposed to months when it’s really hot. Anyway thanks for sharing like your budget planning as well and I may take you up on reaching out for some help when I’m ready!…..Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I love your plan is it based on how many miles you walk per day and if so do you give some leeway in case you walk less or more? I’m training right now to do Camino Frances I plan to try to walk at least 5 miles per day takin it slow and steady. This will be my first time so I’m reading every post and trying to find ones that will work for me. Since it is my first time I have been stuck on how to plan it and I love how you set yours up. Like you I’m a planning sort of gal and like know what tomorrow will bring more or less. I am so excited but still looking for the perfect pack, walking sticks, etc. not sure of when I’ll do it but I’m thinking I’d like to do it during cooler weather as opposed to months when it’s really hot. Anyway thanks for sharing like your budget planning as well and I may take you up on reaching out for some help when I’m ready!…..Buen Camino
Hi,
Good for you for planning for your Camino. As a heads up, I understand TSA doesn't allow walking sticks on carryon, only checked bags.
Buen Camino!

Hi,
Good for you for planning for your Camino. As a heads up, I understand TSA doesn't allow walking sticks on carryon, only checked bags.
Buen Camino!
Yes I was told I can just buy some when I get there and then donate them at the end! I think that’s so cool!

I think we all have a comfort level for uncertainty. Speaking as a fellow with some health problems, my risk profile is a lot different from some other people. In general, it means that I plan more rather than less. However, on my three caminos so far, the plan has changed and modified as I went along to suit circumstances. Risk tolerance; actual real-world impact of certain avoidable (with planning) events; these sorts of considerations differ greatly by individual. Some days my mind is only fully free to wander and be "in the moment" if I can forget about where I am sleeping that night, because I know.

I do love how many of us seek the Platonic ideal of the pilgrim on the road........it is an uplifting goal.

I think we all have a comfort level for uncertainty.
Sometimes it isn't about the amount of uncertainty but where it lies. In other words, you are adding certainty and reducing flexibility in one area but at the same time reducing certainty and adding flexibility somewhere else. For example, if you book accommodations for your whole Camino before you start, you add certainty of getting a bed for the night and reduce flexibility in terms of where you will stay. On the other hand, you can't be certain that you'll be able to stay where the rest of your "Camino family" is staying and you can't be certain that the distance you walk will match how far you want to walk that day.

A lot of the art of walking a Camino is not just finding the sweet spot for how much certainty you are looking for but also where you want your flexibility and where you want more rigidity.

Sometimes it isn't about the amount of uncertainty but where it lies. In other words, you are adding certainty and reducing flexibility in one area but at the same time reducing certainty and adding flexibility somewhere else. For example, if you book accommodations for your whole Camino before you start, you add certainty of getting a bed for the night and reduce flexibility in terms of where you will stay. On the other hand, you can't be certain that you'll be able to stay where the rest of your "Camino family" is staying and you can't be certain that the distance you walk will match how far you want to walk that day.

A lot of the art of walking a Camino is not just finding the sweet spot for how much certainty you are looking for but also where you want your flexibility and where you want more rigidity.
Wise words David, thanks

On the main carriers you could easily double that from Oz.
Though I'm already shopping around for next year ;)

Looking on Sky Scanner, I just found a flight for $1,300!
Only 34 hours with 2 stops...........
Hi Rob:
I've had some luck with one ways. For some reason they don't seem sometimes to be as expensive as the round trips!
Besides, I'm not sure I'd want to go back to where I started from? I like the idea of flying in and out of different locales!
Kind regards, (and thanks for your YouTube work as well!)
gary

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back