• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Salvadorana, Saturday/sunday

KariannNor

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 23, Primitivo 24, San Salvador 24
Do any of you techies know if it is possible to request Salvadorama on a saturday afternoon or sunday? I google everything I can, can't find any information.

Thank you for answers!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
But someone told me there is a special chatolic festival Sunday and monday, and closed for everyone else?
Just curious: Was it a local someone who told you that?

Whitsun is a two-day public holiday in some European countries (this year it's on 19 and 20 May) but not in Spain at the national level and not in Oviedo/Asturias at the regional level as far as I can see. It is a Christian feast, not just a Catholic one.

In any case, here is the timetable with the times where the Cathedral of Oviedo is open for general visits in May 2024. It is closed on Whitsun Sunday but open on Whitsun Monday during their usual times. It is on their website.

Access Cathedral Oviedo.jpg

When you go to the cathedral, where people buy tickets to enter, that is where you request the Salvadorana. The Salvadorana is free. And so is the cathedral for pilgrims who walked the San Salvador. :) (Other pigrims get a reduced rate, but not free.)

If the cathedral hours don't work for you, just get it off the nuns, even if youre not staying there. There might a bit of an admission queue, they'll have it at the check in desk..

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
If the cathedral hours don't work for you, just get it off the nuns, even if youre not staying there. There might a bit of an admission queue, they'll have it at the check in desk..
I'm a bit confused (certainly not unusual for me). Which nuns? Staying where? I know you can get the San Salvador credencial from the Benedictine albergue in Leon at the start of the San Salvador, but didn't know that there was a convent albergue in Oviedo at the end that gave out the Salvadorana.

Oops sorry, you are right. I think I've misinterpreted the question..

Yes, I was referring to the little Salvador credencial, which I got from the convent albergue in León, not the Salvadorana aself, which I never bothered collecting when I arrived in Oviedo.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I hope that the next post I read on this thread is from @KariannNor saying that she has her Salvadorana. 😊
Sorry the next post is from me as I never had heard of a Salvadorana before. Interesting. I will google it just to see what it looks like. I have my compostelas, the one from Muxia and Finesterre and one year I went to that museum with some other pilgrims (is it in Sahagun) and got that half way paper. I didn't know that existed until I was in the museum. I like learning this stuff about the camino. There is so much.
Just checked on Google and it looks pretty cool! I would get one for sure.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
En efecto, acabo de descubrir que la Salvadorana de la Catedral de Oviedo (gratuita) y la del albergue de peregrinos de Oviedo (de pago) en realidad son dos diplomas diferentes. Gracias Kariann y Pafayac

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
En efecto, acabo de descubrir que la Salvadorana de la Catedral de Oviedo (gratuita) y la del albergue de peregrinos de Oviedo (de pago) en realidad son dos diplomas diferentes. Gracias Kariann y Pafayac
Me falta la del albergue, tengo que volver a Oviedo ! ;-)
2 Salvadoranas

Most read last week in this forum

I stayed in Leon last night, in the benedictinas albergue. Relatively few pilgrims, which was a bit surprising but I didn’t mind. I had hoped to get a full nights rest but eh, I think I caught a...
Hi all! I’m planning on starting my Camino journey next week in León; completing the San Salvador to Oviedo and then joining onto the Camino Primitivo. My overriding concern is that I will...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back