Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Second short Camino Tui to Santiago

Jun 13, 2023
Charleston South Carolina. USA
Time of past OR future Camino
September/October 2023
Finished my first short Camino, Sarria to Santiago, and now planning my second, the Portuguese from Tui to Santiago. I would appreciate any advice on lodgings, restaurants and historical and archeological sites worth visiting. Time is not an issue and I’m planning nine days with an extra day in pontevedra. My 78 year old knees refuse to walk more than 15-18 km a day so I’m destined to be on the Camino longer than usual. Did the same with my first and it was terrific.
If you want to see the videos of that Camino just search YouTube for “Buddha stirs my coffee”.

Reactions: Wippe and dougfitz
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Jun 13, 2023
September/October 2023
On my second visit to Pontevedra we went to the municipal museum which was a real find the museum has a huge archaeology section about the region and a large art collection local and national through to contemporary work and its free!
Thanks, I’ll put it on our itinerary. Planning on two nights in Pontevedra

Kasee

May 11, 2022
Pleasanton, CA, USA
Frances: '22, '23, '24
Portugues: 23
Invierno: 24
The Spiritual Variant is gorgeous and the boat ride is delightful. Also, it’s worth your time to stay in the Convento de Herbón.
It’s just outside of Pedron and is one of the highlights of the Caminos I’ve walked. Beautiful place with amazing hospitaleros.

Jun 13, 2023
September/October 2023
The Spiritual Variant is gorgeous and the boat ride is delightful. Also, it’s worth your time to stay in the Convento de Herbón.
It’s just outside of Pedron and is one of the highlights of the Caminos I’ve walked. Beautiful place with amazing hospitaleros.
How do you arrange for the boat at the end?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

TrvlDad1

Apr 8, 2020
Atlanta, GA
2017 Frances from Saria
2018 Finnisterre
When are you going? Three of us did it in April 2019 without lodging reservations. We walked up to the parador just over the bridge in Pontevedra and got a really cheap rate, don’t remember exact rate but less than we paid for a couple of hotels along that camino. It was a nice 5-star break; we stayed three days. Never hurts to ask.

Reactions: Quahaug
Jun 13, 2023
September/October 2023
When are you going? Three of us did it in April 2019 without lodging reservations. We walked up to the parador just over the bridge in Pontevedra and got a really cheap rate, don’t remember exact rate but less than we paid for a couple of hotels along that camino. It was a nice 5-star break; we stayed three days. Never hurts to ask.
Good to know. We are going in either late august or early September

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jun 13, 2023
September/October 2023
Good to know. We are going in either late august or early September
We stayed in small hotels or inns on the CF. Always with private rooms with baths. We are at an age that we need the sleep and privacy. Do you have any recommendations on places you stayed.

Jan 15, 2018
Ireland
See signature.
We stayed in small hotels or inns on the CF. Always with private rooms with baths. We are at an age that we need the sleep and privacy. Do you have any recommendations on places you stayed.
One of my favourites on that section of the CP was Casa Herreria in Caldas de Reis. A gorgeous pensíon and right on the Camino.

Reactions: Quahaug

Most read last week in this forum

Dear all, I have not stayed at this place myself, but I just had a pilgrim in my office telling me about a really bad experience here. Bad enough that I feel I should let people know. Doing a...
We are starting to walk the Camino from Lisboa at the end of May. We believe we have two option if we want to walk the Camino Portugeese from Lisboa and to visit Fatima on our Camino, (1) I...
I am looking to walk the Camino Portuguese next spring. It seems as though many start in Porto instead of Lisbon. I would like to have a longer Camino — so the question is - what is the Lisbon to...
We are starting our 2nd Camino at the end of May starting is Lisboa (Last year we walked the Camino Frances). We believe that this part of the camino starting from Lisboa is less supported than...
Hello, I am walking the Portuguese Central starting in Porto on July 24. I have read that many people consider the first day out of Porto to be unpleasant because it is too much in the city...
Has anyone found a spreadsheet planning tool to plan stages for Camino Portugues. I am not sure yet which route I will take but likely to be a mixture. I used one for the Camino Francais which was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides