Second Time Around

Starting the planning and preparation for my return to the Camino in August of 2012. I set out from St Jean Pied de Port at the end of August 2011 and managed to make it as far as Leon before prior commitments meant I had to return home. This time however, I intend clearing the decks and walking all the way to the Atlantic while exploring some of the alternate routes I didn't get to last time.

Darran

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Stephen Nicholls

Steve Nicholls, Suffolk, U.K.
Jul 26, 2011
Suffolk, U.K.
snicholl5.wix.com
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many caminos to list in the permitted 100 characters!!
Hi Darran!
It will be VERY hot in August, so be prepared, and travel light. I'm off [again] in May, travelling from Salamaca to Santiago - I prefer the quieter routes. Good luck my friend, and buen camino! Stephen, Suffolk, UK.

Hi Stephen,

thanks for the heads up. My folks live in the south of Spain and I've been there in the height of the August heat. Fortunately heat doesn't bother me too much. I will be keeping well watered though and traveling as light as I can.

I'm hopeful that I'll get to walk some of the other routes to Santiago in the years to come. Just want to finish the Frances first.

Good luck on your own walk. If you've a blog or report when you come come back, I'd be very interested in reading it.

Buen camino,
Darran

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.