Setting off from SJPP on 8th March

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

MariHaga

Sep 8, 2013
Norway
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (-09)
Via Francigena - Aosta to Rome(-11)
Via de la Plata (-12)
Norte/Primitivo - Irun to Santiago (-13)
Portugues - Porto to Santiago (-13)
Levante (-14)
Hi!
Me and my niece will leave on the 12th!
Buen camino and look forward :)
Mari

Reactions: edtrudeau
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

petzar

Oct 11, 2013
2014 september
Me and my wife Lisa arrive the 5th at SJPP and plan to leave it the 6th of mars if the weather is OK. Have you booked any room at SJPP? What albergue are open?
Buen Camino/Peter

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Peter,

In Saint-Jean the Pilgrim office for the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle can provide you with a Credential and on-site lodging assistance. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09. Their volunteers help run the albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle. Recently renovated this is a fine place to stay, but they do NOT take reservations. If their albergue is full they will help you find other pilgrim lodgings when you are on site. They keep up to the minute lists of available space throughout the SJPdP area.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

petzar

Oct 11, 2013
2014 september
Peter,

In Saint-Jean the Pilgrim office for the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle can provide you with a Credential and on-site lodging assistance. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09. Their volunteers help run the albergue at 55 rue de la Citadelle. Recently renovated this is a fine place to stay, but they do NOT take reservations. If their albergue is full they will help you find other pilgrim lodgings when you are on site. They keep up to the minute lists of available space throughout the SJPdP area.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Thank you for your help, feels god to have this kind of support!
Buen Camino/Peter

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Jellycat

Jan 4, 2015
Manchester, UK
1st Camino, March 2011. 2nd Camino planned for March 2015.
Hi Peter. Apologies, I've only just logged on for the first time in a week or so. You've had good advice above, but I would just add that I walked the Camino 4 years ago at a very similar time of year and it was easy to find a bed in St Jean - it will be relatively quiet (although I suspect a little busier than 4 years ago when all the people setting off on the same day as myself could fit into one room in one albergue!). Only the private albergues will let you book and I don't think you'll need to do this. You will be looked after very well at the pilgrim office and they will point you in the right direction to an albergue that's open and has rooms. Finally, I walked via Valcarlos last time as it was wet and very windy - it was still a challenging walk and beautiful in parts. I would have no hesitation doing it again if the weather isn't good enough to 'go over the top'. I'm not risking injury or an unnecessarily traumatic first day! Buen Camino and hope to see all/some of you en route! Angela

Reactions: SYates
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

naplesdon

Veteran Member
Jul 14, 2012
Vanderbilt Beach and Estoril
Multiple Caminos 2010 to 2019
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Jul 18, 2014
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
Hello, Jellycat and all...
I'm leaving SJPP on about the 10th or 11th, depending on weather and jetlag. Hope to meet you along the way.
Well, who knows what it will be like--hope for the best and prepare for freezing rain. I'm happy to know that there'll be a few of us out there, braving the cold!

Reactions: petzar and MariHaga

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides