Shampoo and Condition bars, scent preference

Which scent for shampoo/conditioner would be your first choice?

• Rosemary Mint

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Citrus

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Lemongrass

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Piñón

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Lavender

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Eucalyptus (for Galicia!)

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Jun 22, 2015
New Mexico, USA
www.mirafloresmosaics.com
Time of past OR future Camino
(Not sure where to put this post.) I make shampoo and conditioner bars and get requests for scents I don't have. I'd like to get an idea from camino walkers of which of the scents I make would be most popular. Vote for your favorite and add a post if there's a close second or a first choice that isn't listed. Thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Jun 22, 2015
New Mexico, USA
(Not sure where to put this post.) I make shampoo and conditioner bars and get requests for scents I don't have. I'd like to get an idea from camino walkers of which of the scents I make would be most popular. Vote for your favorite and add a post if there's a close second or a first choice that isn't listed. Thanks!
The poll is above.

sun is shining

Mar 27, 2011
Kingston upon Hull
Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for but here it goes. I’ve just walked into Oviedo after the San Salvador and was a bit “shocked” at all the artificial scents that are in the air (perfume, hairspray etc). It seemed off after smelling nature (and lots of sweat 😅) for a week. So maybe an unscented version might be nice.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Jun 22, 2015
New Mexico, USA
I do make unscented, too, sorry I forgot to add that. The scents are just a small amount of essential oil you smell while youre washing your hair, doesn't linger. i thought of eucalyptus when I was in Galicia.
I agree, I HATE Perfumes! I got stuck sitting next to somebody on the plane - 9 hrs - who was drenched in it. Ugh!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

SureFtWayEli

Jul 14, 2023
SJPDP France
April 2014, April 2017
Citrus for sure!

Reactions: David
A selection of Camino Jewellery

SureFtWayEli

Jul 14, 2023
SJPDP France
April 2014, April 2017
Citrus for sure!
There is something about citrus that makes me feel cleaner after a dusty day on the trail followed by a shower to get in & out quickly so more can get a shower & head out to eat & enjoy other pilgrims’ conversation about their experience. I feel citrusy clean & revived! I do like Rosemary & Mint a lot! That would be my second choice. Thanks for putting your survey on the forum.

Reactions: David and trecile

Homely

Mar 20, 2024
Sussex
Unscented, I am a severe asthmatic, scented items set off my asthma

Reactions: David

lovelyshell

Sep 5, 2016
Southern California
October/November 2016
I would say lavender because it aids in sleep and generally I take a shower a few hours before bed in the Camino. Eucalyptus is nice but it can be quite strong and might bother other people. Plus I think eucalyptus is intended to invigorating, so using it a few hours before bed would be counterintuitive.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

David

Veteran Member
Jan 28, 2006
England
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Interesting results - apart from the fresh zingy clean scent of it, isn't citrus repellent to mosquitos too?

I would love to know what the 'other' votes were for .. I see unscented in the posts ... but the rest? who knows.

for me - I don't use shampoo but if I did it would be unscented for certain but if had to choose would also choose citrus.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just boarded an Iberia flight to Madrid, and so far have seen two people come on with collapsed poles attached to their backpacks. The topic that never dies……
The standard response to what to do when you get bed bugs, is to wash and dry everything at 60 degrees. But if you do that to your silk sleeping bag liner or your merino socks or t shirts or down...
I typically wash my clothes by hand with a bar of Lagarto soap. It’s non-chemical and is the soap I was introduced to back in Spain in the 70s. When you wash clothes by hand, you typically rub...
Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino? Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit...
I’ll begin my Camino in July (Portuguese route), so it’s time to get shoes and break them in. I have seen posts about walking shoes and which ones people prefer, and I’ve read various articles...
Hi, I'm off to CDN tomorrow but this is in my mind. I got the baggage transfer from from Correos and I will going to walk from Irun to Llanes this time, so my plan is to carry a 22lts day pack and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.