Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sister María Asunción - COVIS/Corona - Who Cares! Would Give Anything for Another Chance to Hear Her Again!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

jerbear

Apr 5, 2012
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia
Calming.....thank you!

Reactions: Bill Anlyan
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

TaraWalks

Peregrina without a skateboard
Jun 20, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Camino Frances 2016 & 2018, planning for Le Puy 2019/2020ish and for some shorter Caminos stacked
Was she still there in 2016?

I remember there was a beautiful sister teaching us the parts of the mass before it began and then she sang all of the parts of the mass (and communicated with hand signals!). She was such a star! It was almost a little heart breaking watching the 8 or so priests all walk off the altar at the end of mass while she cleaned up.

She really was the most amazing part of SDC mass.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

GailGwyn

Jun 18, 2017
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
Thank you so much. My husband, who's an atheist, decided to attend the Pilgrims Mass at the Cathedral.

Every time he tells people about his Camino, he never fails to mention how moving the beautiful singing, performed by the nun, was at the Mass, especially during the swinging of the botafeumeira.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Mar 26, 2016
readingontheroad54893552.wordpress.com
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
Thank you so much. My husband, who's an atheist, decided to attend the Pilgrims Mass at the Cathedral.

Every time he tells people about his Camino, he never fails to mention how moving the beautiful singing, performed by the nun, was at the Mass, especially during the swinging of the botafeumeira.
I’m an aetheist too. Doesn’t stop you appreciating a truly divine voice😊

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Jul 28, 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
2024 Aragones, Madrid, Portugues Coastal
She has a beautiful voice, and the boss of the cathedral for sure. When I first saw her starting the service i immediately thought of my 8th grade math teacher, Miss Joseph. She was tiny I stature but a giant. She cared about every student. I went to a very tough New York City public school during the 60’s. Fights every day, bars on al the windows, people getting shook down for money, drugs, you name it. But nobody and I mean nobody didn’t respect Miss Joseph. She would stare down guys in gangs and break up fights with boys twice her size. She scared the pants off me. But I loved her and respected her and she made sure EVERY one of her “boys” learned math. As she would yell to us. You have no choice you will learn algebra whether you like it or not. I will not allow any of my boys to fail. And we didn’t. I have a feeling the sister is Miss Joseph’s spiritual twin.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

HikingGeo

Aug 18, 2015
Plano, Texas, USA
2017-Sarria to Santiago and Lires to Finisterre
Was she still there in 2016?

I remember there was a beautiful sister teaching us the parts of the mass before it began and then she sang all of the parts of the mass (and communicated with hand signals!). She was such a star! It was almost a little heart breaking watching the 8 or so priests all walk off the altar at the end of mass while she cleaned up.

She really was the most amazing part of SDC mass.
She was still there in May of 2017.

Reactions: TaraWalks

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Aug 9, 2016
CF Sep/Oct 2015
C Primitivo Sep / Oct 2016
Portugese Sep/Oct 2017
VdlP, Muxia 2018
Sister certainly knew how to control and quite the congregation before Mass. Her singing was exquisite and heavenly, resonating throughout the Cathedral. I am blessed to my memories of her singing

Reactions: gollygolly

€83,-
Jan 21, 2006
Coimbra, Portugal
Caminos Francais: 2002, 2012, 2019, 2024
She or another nun sang at the early May 2002 Pilgrim Mass I attended. I had just finished whispering aloud a bundle of prayers which had been given to me to read once I had arrived in Santiago and was awash with tears. So no matter my "ex"Catholic insistence; this voice put me over the top to full on Kleenex mode.

(*Not one single prayer was to win the lottery or get a better job. Every single prayer was to be of strength for others, or, to express with compassion their care and love for others and the world.).

• Love - Red heart
Reactions: cathietherese
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

To anyone who just finished the Camino these past few days, or who will be finishing the Camino today or tomorrow: If you'll have finished the Camino by tomorrow night and if you'll be in...
Hello, my shoes are pretty down and worn out now with holes in it. As it is rainy these days I won’t make it to Fisterra with dry feet. Can you recommend a good shop for shoes in Santiago...
Hi to all, I'm on the invierno right now and I will be in santiago tomorrow. I realise today I didn't get two stamps per day in the last 100 km. My question is how in the pilgrim office they are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides