• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

SJPP to Paris

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi everyone,

What's the quickest way to get from SJPP to Paris CDG airport?

Cheers,
Sonn
:)

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Easyjet has a flight from Biarritz into Paris CDG and that would be the fastest way to get to the airport.

You would need to take the train from SJPdP to Bayonne and then a bus to Biarritz airport. The last time I flew from Biarritz, I needed to stay in a hotel close to the airport as the train/bus combo from Saint-Jean did not work for an early flight.

I've been caught in the past and am now very wary of trying to meet connections for the trip home. My preferred option is to arrive (say in Paris or London) at least one day before my departure for home. That way there is a little leeway for adverse weather conditions or, in the case of trains, a strike.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Good advice Julie ,
I too tend to be over cautious, when travelling on an important or expensive trip I always leave enough time for alternate transport options. A night or 2 in Paris is preferable to missing that main flight which often is a discounted fare with no flexible options ie use it or lose it :( a short notice replacement airfare can be many times more in price.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone! Due to my bad knees, I can't walk the Camino Santiago. Instead of going home, I have found that going from Albergue to Albergue to catch up with friends is the camino I have chose...
I am catching an Alsa bus from asturias airport to Oviedo, then from Oviedo to Leon. I have bought the tickets online and was concerned about the short connection time in Oviedo. If I miss the...
Hello, I saw O Lagar de Jesus mentioned in a couple of threads. Looking for input about this place. It caught my eye because of the communal dinner and proximity to Padron. Some questions: 1)...
I am having a bit of difficulty finding an acceptable way to travel from Sdc to Lisbon. Does anyone have some ideas?
Hello all I am in Barcelona for a few days and then will head up to Saint Jean. What is the best way to get to Saint Jean from Barcelona? if I am correct it looks like a train will go to Pomplona...
Hi I am currently in Pedrouzo walking to Santiago tomorrow. I have booked àn apartment for tomorrow night. The apartment owner had just informed me that bag forwarding companies will not drop bags...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.