So I don't want to walk all the way down the hill before the end of the day...

Hal

Feb 8, 2014
Sydney girl
Time of past OR future Camino
si
I would prefer to visit the seemingly charming Triacastela for an early snack before a gentle amble to Samos and will night further up. I was thinking of bedding down in Fonfria but for no legitimate reason the photograph of the albergue made me glum.

Any feedback on Fonfria, Viduedo or Filloval, visitors?

(I don't want to sleep anywhere prior to Fonfria).

Reactions: purplesage
A selection of Camino Jewellery

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Aug 8, 2013
Perigord - France
thenwewalked.com
yes...
I would prefer to visit the seemingly charming Triacastela for an early snack before a gentle amble to Samos and will night further up. I was thinking of bedding down in Fonfria but for no legitimate reason the photograph of the albergue made me glum.

I stayed there in 2014 and loved the atmosphere. Great communal meal. nice bar area and pleasant breakfast in the morning. It was a little rustic but I would be very happy to stop there again:)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Oct 29, 2013
New Zealand
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
C. Frances sections Apr-Jun 2019

Albergue A Reboleira in Fonfria is wonderful - highly recommended, we really enjoyed our stay there, it was one of the highlights of our Camino. I agree the outside of the main building isn't very photogenic, but it's cosy inside and - just across the road - they have the most fabulous dining room which is built in the traditional Galician round-house (palloza) style with thatched roof and great timber beams. There is a communal dinner there every night for albergue guests, everyone sits at long tables, very convivial! Last May the dinner was 9 Euros for 3 courses including wine. The family who own and run the albergue are lovely, very friendly and hard-working. They have dorm beds and a few private rooms as well as a big common room and a bar which does breakfasts and is open all day for snacks and drinks. Do stay there - I'm sure you won't regret it!

Sep 8, 2015
Planning from SJPdP 2015-16 winter
I'm not sure when you will be walking, but in mid January we found nothing open in Fonfria- no albergue, no cafe, etc... This was not unusual for this time of year, but just wanted to mention it in case you may also be there in low season....

Reactions: Hal
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Siobhan02

Dec 22, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Frances May-June 2014
Le Puy Sept 2016
I stayed in 2013. It was fantastic, the beds are very comfortable, incredibly sturdy so none of the usual rickity, squeaking all night as people toss and turn. The round restaurant mentioned is beautiful and I would recommend it as a must do. Enjoy! :)

ERICAST

Mar 19, 2013
BC, Canada
Camino Frances (May 2013)
Camino Frances (April 2016)

I stayed in 2013 and it was great, lovely sense of community,etc.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides