LIVE from the Camino So much advice has been worthwhile

tallrobert

Dec 12, 2011
Time of past OR future Camino
Hi, I am currently in Los Arcos. Just wanted to send a quick post to say how much the many pieces of advice I have gleaned from this forum are helping me along the way. There have been so many useful tips that I can´t thak everyone but for sure I want to say thanks in particular for these things I learned:
-- my New Balance trail shoes are awesome (thanks AnnieS)
-- the vaseline on the feet and two pairs of socks is working so far...no blisters yet
-- staying at Orisson was worth every penny
-- went to pilgrims mass in Roncesvalles (and also Los Arcos) and found it meaningful even though I am not a believer of that faith
-- the most meanngful moments of the day are accompanied by birdsong (thanks Rebecca S)
--- take each moment of every day as it comes and accept that the camino will provide
and so muc more that I can´t remember now and it´s almost 10pm...time to get to bed!!
Muchas gracias a todos!
Robert

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

agnesczaj

Jul 13, 2012
New York, NY
SJPP - SdC - Finisterre (Fall 2012)

Future:
Via de la Plata
Primitivo
Mozarabe
tallrobert said:
Hi, I am currently in Los Arcos. Just wanted to send a quick post to say how much the many pieces of advice I have gleaned from this forum are helping me along the way. There have been so many useful tips that I can´t thak everyone but for sure I want to say thanks in particular for these things I learned:
-- my New Balance trail shoes are awesome (thanks AnnieS)
-- the vaseline on the feet and two pairs of socks is working so far...no blisters yet
-- staying at Orisson was worth every penny
-- went to pilgrims mass in Roncesvalles (and also Los Arcos) and found it meaningful even though I am not a believer of that faith
-- the most meanngful moments of the day are accompanied by birdsong (thanks Rebecca S)
--- take each moment of every day as it comes and accept that the camino will provide
and so muc more that I can´t remember now and it´s almost 10pm...time to get to bed!!
Muchas gracias a todos!
Robert
Thank you For this quick but great post. I'm getting ready to walk in September and will use some of these tips as well. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Lydia Gillen

Veteran Member
Sep 22, 2010
Ireland
Camino Frances 2007/8/9, 2011 , 2012/13/14. C.F 2015
Camino Portugues 2017,2018,2019
volunteering
Hi Robert,

Great to see where you are. You are such an example of a person who has taken advice from other forum members and have benefited from it.. I know I owe you a PM and will do it soon.

Hi agnes. I owe you an email too but the "gremlins" have been at my computer and scrambled things. Trying to get it right before I email it to you. It is most probably more to do with my lack of knowledge than anything else.

Buen Camino Robert.

Lydia

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.