• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Solo female walking only two weeks of Frances in June any ad

Asequeira10

Hello everyone,

I have decided this is something I need to do and the thought of doing this alone, scares and thrills me but I cant wait for the experience and the peace! I am currently an occupational therapy student from the lake district, England. Me and my husband are going out to Barcelona for a few days before then im heading on up to start, i plan to only walk approx two weeks of it and then try and get a flight home, if anyone could give me any advice this would be very much appreciated thankyou

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi! I'm also a newbie female planning on going solo. I spent all day (literally) yesterday reading threads on the forum and I found an incredible amount of information available. I think if you spend a bit of time cruising around you'll probably find most of the answers you need - and probably a few more questions you'd not thought of. :) But if you don't find the answers you need, if you ask specific questions I'm sure you'll get some great replies. Good luck to you!

Hi Asequeira10

I take you are thinking of beginning in St Jean Pied de Port or Roncesvalles on the Camino Frances? If so, I think in 2 weeks I'd plan to travel back from Burgos which you should reach. It has all major transport links including a good bus service to Madrid if you want to travel back from there to the UK.
Best wishes

John

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Asequeira10 said:
i plan to only walk approx two weeks of it and then try and get a flight home
A possibility would be to travel from Barcelona to Leon, and start the Camino from there. That allows you to reach Santiago without too much pressure, stay there an extra night and catch a Ryan Air flight back to England.

Thank you guys. Yes Im doing the frances way and had planned on either coming off at burgos or logrono depending on my pace. The plans have changed a wee bit. We are no longer going to Barcelona so im flying into biartitz on the 6th but i only get there at about 9pm which is abit late i think to be getting to st jean so ive booked a room close to the airport then will most probably get a taxi to st jean. One of my other questions was about when i arrive in st jean it may be late morning and after going to the office to get my passport i was planning to head on straight up to orrisson but ive heard you have to book in advance, is this true?

Yes, you should probably book in advance, but you can do it the day before. Your hotel in Biarritz can probably help you do that. We were able to get beds for 3 the day before (hotel in SJPP called for us); there was at least 1 person who walked up and got a bed without reserving (he ended up in the room with us and became part of our camino family), but it's risky.

Buen camino!

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.