• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stamps

LizzieW

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2025
My husband ND I will walk the Camino in June 2025. Starting in Sarria. Since Sarria is the starting point to begin our required 100 kms, do we make sure to get the two stamps as soon as possible in Sarria? Our hotel for one, but the other from a cafe, bar, or church? I know going forward from Sarria, we must collect two stamps. From Sarria to Portomarin, for example, can we expect to collect a stamp from cafes, bars, or churches we pass?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Correct, as you are starting in Sarria you need two stamps a day if you want to collect your Compostela. Most collect a stamp from their first cafe of the day and from their accommodation each night. Pretty much every cafe or bar you stop at will have them, often just to the end of the bar, occasionally on a small side table etc so you don't bother the staff. Many enjoy collecting them at other stops along the way too, churches for example as you mentioned. There will be many opportunities along the way - there's no harm in having more. It's unnecessary and unfair to ask cafes where you are not purchasing something to supply you with a stamp, they're generally far too busy.

You will not need two stamps in Sarria. Make sure that you get a stamp sometime during the day while you are walking - you can usually get one at a bar when you stop to eat or get coffee. Then get your second stamp at you accommodation for the evening. You may find other places where you want to collect stamps such as churches along the way.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Typically, pilgrims will get one stamp at their place of lodging. Getting another sello (say-oh) / stamp during the day is easy.

Just ask for one at any cafe, shop, church, post office, police station or wherever others go.

It is polite to buy something if you go to a cafe or shop. I usually combine the stamp with coffee or my daily tortilla break.

Hope this helps,

Tom

My husband ND I will walk the Camino in June 2025. Starting in Sarria. Since Sarria is the starting point to begin our required 100 kms, do we make sure to get the two stamps as soon as possible in Sarria? Our hotel for one, but the other from a cafe, bar, or church? I know going forward from Sarria, we must collect two stamps. From Sarria to Portomarin, for example, can we expect to collect a stamp from cafes, bars, or churches we pass?

Yes. It is fairly easy on that stretch, several churches had tables set up outside with a stamp & pad.

Most read last week in this forum

A recent post by @Kirkie in another older thread about the descent has prompted me to make this post. In it she tells us this: "I wrote to turismo.web@navarra.es The reply I got just now - I...
I think I messed up my stages. Following Brierly now after being off stage during the busy sections. Brierly has a stage from Molinaseca to villafranca del Bierzo. And then one potentially...
Hi, I’m an 18-year-old leaving for the Camino Frances in a few days. I’m doing it solo with quite a small spanish vocabulary and those are the two things that I’m a bit nervous about. Any last...
I just got an email that the train from Bayonne to St Jean tonight is canceled. Anyone else see this?
We’re currently on the Frances. We’re walking from SJPDP. We’re looking at our projected dates for Sarria to Santiago. When we try to find lodging it all looks sold out on booking.com. What...
Hi - I am currently on the Via Podiensis and in a few weeks will be arriving in SJPP and then continuing on the Frances for a bit. I have never been to SJPP before and am wondering if it is worth...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back