Starting at Biarritz

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Feb 14, 2017
Northern California
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Portuguese, Aragon, Norte, SJWayUK, Nive
I did that exactly! Also walked Biarritz to SJPdP to Pamplona to Somport (via Camino Aragon) then on to Lourdes (Arles and Piemonte)! Both routes are lively, have pilgrim support, and with easy to moderate hiking conditions.

For your B to B idea, the path is clearly marked. Accommodations are generally easy to find and many are pilgrim-centric. Some bed difficulty occurs around Markena due to vacationers and the transient surf community, but it’s a minor hassle and not an impassable obstacle.

Transportation to the start and from the end is easy.

What else would you like to know?

Reactions: Rick M

Jarrad

Mar 21, 2019
Virginia, USA
Wandering since 2014
Wow! What a great idea. I was driven through the area by a most lovely Basque guide (have I mentioned she was lovely?) and thought about doing exactly what you plan. Seems like such a beautiful area once you get out of the development. I'm jealous -- would love to hear your report upon your return. Be bold and enjoy! If you meet a lovely Basque lady with chestnut brown hair and dark eyes, do consider tearing up the tickets for your return flight.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

tjz

Feb 20, 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
2014, 2016, 2018, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025
Do you know if there is anywhere in Biarritz where you can obtain a credential stamp / sello?
This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but a wonderful place to visit (and possibly start) your camino is the cathedral in Bayonne. We got a stamp in March 2022 and started or Norte from there. You could take a taxi, or if if you have time walk from Biarritz to there.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Feb 14, 2017
Northern California
Frances, Portuguese, Aragon, Norte, SJWayUK, Nive
Most of the hotels and businesses have their official business stamp that you can get - not truly a “pilgrim sello” but works to document your journey. If you walk from Biarritz, I’d add the extra day and start in Bayonne simply to begin at the cathedral there. In fact, you can start upon landing at the airport and simply walk to Bayonne for your first stage. Day 2 to Biarritz, then on down the coast

Reactions: David Tallan
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

hey there! i'm looking into my first camino, hoping to start around mid-late august - i've wanted to do the traditional frances route for some years now but haven't been in a position to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides