Starting from Lisbon tomorrow- June 22, 2012!

micbook

Jan 12, 2012
The time has come! After a relaxing day in Lisbon, I am starting the Camino Portugues tomorrow morning, Friday, June 22 :)

If you are walking the coastal route, feel free to shoot me a message and maybe we can meet up. If you are interested in following my journey, here is the link-

http://michalrinkevich.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/destination-santiago/

Life is not about arriving at a set destination—it is about the journey you take to get there...

Buen Camino!
Michal
--
http://michalrinkevich.wordpress.com/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Oct 10, 2010
Jerusalem
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Friend micbrook,

Sorry to be so pedantic - hooowever- you will be walking in Portugal and its the same in the Galego language which is spoken widely in that part of Spain which you will be crossing on the way to Santiago, so, please, its:
"Bom Dia"
"Boa Noite"
"Bom apetite""
"Bom Jesus"
"Bom Jantar" jantar? dinner its from the Latin
and yes, obrigato, "Bom Camino"
Scruffy

micbook

Jan 12, 2012
Greetings everyone! First couple of days out of Lisbon were tougher on the feet than I thought! Plus, yesterday was 43 degrees and humid!

Highly recommend to stop at the Vasco da Gama expo area if you are walking from Lisbon. Nice area and also ease your way into a not easy stretch. I stayed at the Pousada de Juventude, which is 800 m off route, on Rua de Moscavide. No pilgrim atmosphere, but kind people and 10% discount for pilgrims (14.4€ for the night).

Michal
--
http://michalrinkevich.wordpress.com/tag/camino-de-santiago/

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Oct 10, 2010
Jerusalem
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Allow me to protest, Spring is the best time to walk in Portugal-can you imagine an entire village wreathed in blooming wisteria and the wonderful smell everywhere? Hundreds of wildflowers which we recognize from the Mediterranean basin and thousands which we don’t? Almond trees, cherry trees apple trees all blooming? Chestnut trees with their menorah shaped flowers? Spring is magnificent plus if the thermometer reads 40 it must be in Fahrenheit not Celsius perfect walking weather since you never sweat!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

micbook

Jan 12, 2012
Lol, I wasn't arguing if/that September is the best. Portugal is at its best- I think this is true for a couple times a year, for different reasons. In September, you have the grapes and figs and given the way the weather goes so far this year, there's a good chance it'll be very pleasant in September. Each season and its beauty and jewels...

Just arrived in Caldas de Reis...love the fonte caldas! That's a must :)

Michal
--
http://michalrinkevich.wordpress.com/tag/camino-de-santiago/

Most read last week in this forum

I just heard from José Luis of the Via Lusitana that they have opened a pilgrim office in Lisbon. It only opens in the afternoons — every day, from 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM. It is a small room in the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.