Starting in May 2018

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

sharon w

Jan 2, 2009
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
It will be very hot.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Mar 1, 2017
Northern Illinois, USA
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
Will start Via de la Plata on May 31 in Merida. Anyone beginning at that time?
I have read numerous times on this forum that the Via de Plata is often dangerously hot in summer and folks are discouraged from going during those months. I don't think a Euroschirm umbrella will be enough!

Maybe you could consider walking a different Camino that would be more suitable to having better temperatures and a more enjoyable experience if that is your only available time frame.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

jmwlester

Sep 7, 2012
Alaska
2013 Camino Frances
2014 Jesus Trail
2016 Via Francigena (Italy)
2017 Camino Portugese
I have read numerous times on this forum that the Via de Plata is often dangerously hot in summer and folks are discouraged from going during those months. I don't think a Euroschirm umbrella will be enough!

Maybe you could consider walking a different Camino that would be more suitable to having better temperatures and a more enjoyable experience if that is your only available time frame.
Thanks for the advice. I will consider a more northern route, but still keep the VDP as a possibility.

Portach

Jan 27, 2017
Ireland
Feb 23 Mozarbe (part)
Mar 24 Camino de la Lana
Thanks for the advice. I will consider a more northern route, but still keep the VDP as a possibility.

Starting early in the day helps. After 10 a.m. the heat becomes a factor, after midday a real issue. Our earliest start last October was 6 a.m. Some started as early as 4.30 to avoid the heat. This involves walking in the dark so a good head light is important. You will need to carry plenty of water too. It is a great Camino though......

Reactions: sharon w

Most read last week in this forum

I completed the Sanabres Camino a week ago after having started in Rionegro del Puente. I am a forum member who enjoys the downhills as my knees have always been strong. The uphills wear me out...
Something I came across earlier today which sounded interesting. The Ourense local council and a public service organisation are running a project where local people can walk from Ourense to...
Usually reliable Rome2Rio website doesn't show a bus route which runs close to the Oseira monastery, but Google maps shows a bus icon there. Does anyone know whether there is or is not bus service...
In case it’s helpful for those who are looking to start their Sanabres walk from Granja de Moruela: Last week, when I reached Granja de Moruela while walking the via de la plata, I continued...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides