Starting Vdlp 8 may (second camino)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Gillean

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
Seven
Three of us from Vancouver and One other I responded to. Four of us are staying in the same Narrava hotel in Pamplona Going to SJPP On the 8th.
If you are interested, the Victoria Chapter of the Canadian Company of Pilgrims is putting on a one day event with all sorts of info on the Camino on May 28th. The details are here: http://victoriacamino.ca/spring-gathering-2015/ I'm in the Vancouver area and have walked the camino from Saint Jean Pied de Port three times now so would be happy to help answer any questions if you would like. I am training now for this year's walk from Cadiz north to Santiago starting mid April if all goes well. ¡Buen Camino!

chrisje

Mar 9, 2015
belgium
Planned to walk the ruta de la lana 2023
If you are interested, the Victoria Chapter of the Canadian Company of Pilgrims is putting on a one day event with all sorts of info on the Camino on May 28th. The details are here: http://victoriacamino.ca/spring-gathering-2015/ I'm in the Vancouver area and have walked the camino from Saint Jean Pied de Port three times now so would be happy to help answer any questions if you would like. I am training now for this year's walk from Cadiz north to Santiago starting mid April if all goes well. ¡Buen Camino!

Thanks Gillean, buen camino !!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

ranthr

Veteran Member
Jul 15, 2008
Finnmark, Norway
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Chrisje, hope you get a wonderful walk on Via de la Plata. Do not miss the Site of the Roman city of Italica in Santiponce on your way out of Seville and all the other beautiful Roman sites in the cities/towns along the way. Walked there at the same time in 2011 and spring is excellent for the Via de la Plata. Buen camino!

chrisje

Mar 9, 2015
belgium
Planned to walk the ruta de la lana 2023
Chrisje, hope you get a wonderful walk on Via de la Plata. Do not miss the Site of the Roman city of Italica in Santiponce on your way out of Seville and all the other beautiful Roman sites in the cities/towns along the way. Walked there at the same time in 2011 and spring is excellent for the Via de la Plata. Buen camino![/QUOTe

Thanks Ranthr, it's hard to wait till 8th of May !
We will take our time to see all the beautiful things on the way and of course we're looking forward to walk in springtime ! A lot of flowers, the green prairies. It will be complete different to our walk in august 2014, the camino Frances. However we realy enjoyed it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
All you springtime walkers are in for a real treat. Flowers and running water everywhere (with the exception of the three Roman bridges standing far from water on the way into Merida). And you will have an abundance of choices for rest days because this route has to be the one with the best collection of mid sized cities in Spain (Mérida, Cáceres, Salamanca, Zamora, Ourense, you just can´t beat that!).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Billy Buell

Walking Willie
Dec 30, 2012
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Le Puy to sjpdp, next planned Norte.
Is there someone starting around 8 may ?
Hi. I hope to be in Seville to start my second Camino on May 8. Tomorrow I plan to book a flight to Madrid then train to Seville. This is exciting and I hope there are others to meet up with.

Reactions: jirit
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Sirage

Apr 15, 2015
Castlemaine
Le Puy to Santiago 2005 and a few more since
I get to Madrid on the 8th May, a few days in Cordoba and Seville. Start walking north about the 15th - hope to see some of you on the way. Destination Salamanca, perhaps Zemora. I am going for the pleasure of seeing Spain and the Spanish, so perhaps a few more rest days along the way.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I completed the Sanabres Camino a week ago after having started in Rionegro del Puente. I am a forum member who enjoys the downhills as my knees have always been strong. The uphills wear me out...
Something I came across earlier today which sounded interesting. The Ourense local council and a public service organisation are running a project where local people can walk from Ourense to...
Usually reliable Rome2Rio website doesn't show a bus route which runs close to the Oseira monastery, but Google maps shows a bus icon there. Does anyone know whether there is or is not bus service...
In case it’s helpful for those who are looking to start their Sanabres walk from Granja de Moruela: Last week, when I reached Granja de Moruela while walking the via de la plata, I continued...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides