• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sunday, 13 X: Irun - Santo Domingo de la Calzada - SdC - Finisterre

Max ***

Time of past OR future Camino
Irun - Santiago - Finisterre
Hello everybody,
I'm 46 y.o., teacher, citizen of the world, starting his CdS very soon... ☺

This is my plan:
1 Irún Hernani 2 Tolosa 3 Beasain 4 Zegama 5 Salvatierra/Agurain 6 Vitoria/Gasteiz 7 La Puebla de Arganzón 8 Haro (Camino Vasco del Interior)

9 Santo Domingo de la Calzada 10 Belorado 11 San Juan de Ortega 12 Burgos 13 Hornillos del Camino 14 Castrojeriz 15 Frómista 16 Carrión de los Condes 17 Terradillos de los Templarios 18 Bercianos del Real Camino 19 Mansilla de las Mulas 20 León 21 San Martín del Camino o Villar de Mazarife 22 Astorga 23 Foncebadón 24 Ponferrada 25 Villafranca del Bierzo 26 O Cebreiro 27 Triacastela 28 Sarria (per Samos o san Xil) 29 Portomarín 30 Palas de Rei 31 Arzúa 32 O Pedrouzo (Camino Francés)

33 Santiago de Compostela 34 Negreira 35 Olveiroa 36 Muxía 37 Fisterra 39 Faro de Finisterre (Camino de Fisterra y Muxía)

Hope to see you around! 😊🖐

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Welcome and buen camino, Max!
Your plan sounds great. The Vasco/VdB has almost no pilgrims, as compared to the Frances.

I walked that way from Irun to Burgos this year and loved it. So if you find you're enjoying the peace and quiet and history, you can always extend that after La Puebla de Arganzon by continuing to Burgos on the VdB rather than heading to the Frances via Haro.

And if the crowds are gatting to you, once you reach Ponferrada there's always the option to go to Santiago via the Invierno. I think it is a far more interesting way, with history going way back.

Welcome and buen camino, Max!
Your plan sounds great. The Vasco/VdB has almost no pilgrims, as compared to the Frances.

I walked that way from Irun to Burgos this year and loved it. So if you find you're enjoying the peace and quiet and history, you can always extend that after La Puebla de Arganzon by continuing to Burgos on the VdB rather than heading to the Frances via Haro.

And if the crowds are gatting to you, once you reach Ponferrada there's always the option to go to Santiago via the Invierno. I think it is a far more interesting way, with history going way back.
As I'll walk in october (not very crowded, I suppose) I thought about splitting the camino in 2 halves: first (Irun - Santo Domingo de la Calzada) as the alternative path, less albergues, not a lot of people; the 2nd (Belorado - SdC) more social and "confortable". That's why I didn't consider
La Puebla de Arganzón - Miranda de Ebro (17 km) - Pancorbo (16) - Briviesca (23) - Monasterio de Rodilla (19) - Burgos (28) but La Puebla de Arganzón - Haro (30) - Santo Domingo de la Calzada (20) -Belorado (22) - San Juan de Ortega (24) - Burgos (26).

I have also considered walking the Invierno path... probably next camino! :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

On the Camino Del Norte. Surprised by the amount of pilgrims. Many mature pilgrims, like myself with a few Caminos under their belt, mostly appear to be staying in hotels. If staying in hotels be...
Hi I just joined and will be doing a solo walk from SJPP to Finisterre in May Jun 2025... long time to go yet but VV excited ... will be finalising dates and flights from Canberra as soon as...
For those of you who are using the ATM colour chart. One bank is suggested at less than 2 Euro when in fact was 4.50 Euro per withdrawal
Hello Pilgrims, I am Brendan an Australian Scot. I am new to the forum, but not new to the Camino. On Tuesday May 28 I will start on my seventh Camino the Norte from San Sebastián. I will try and...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Oh oh oh, After more then seven and a half weeks of rain in Belgium and France, last week weather is better, I walked into Irun today! 🙏 Feels like the last nine weeks my life was in a fridge but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.