Sunscreen

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

C clearly

Staff member
Jan 28, 2007
BC, Canada
Time of past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012
I would guess that you bought this in a Farmacia, where only the higher end products are generally stocked, such as you might find in a boutique cosmetics counter in some countries. Try a supermercado for the less expensive brands. But even so, it might be more expensive than you might find at home, and small containers may be hard to find.

green_spork

May 6, 2017
Camino Portugues
Aug/Sept (2017)
Just bought a small tube (4oz?) of sunscreen before we hit the Meseta for 20€. Bring your own from home, if it's cheaper!
Wow, that’s expensive!
Did you check all the local supermarkets/mini markets?
The ones from the Farmacia tend to be the more expensive brands!
I didn’t bother, thinking Primitivo in October! Asturies/Galicia, wet suit would be more appropriate!
Little did I know, I know have a severely burn face/arms/neck!
Good luck

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Madamjoy

Oct 23, 2017
Frances. September 2017
Just bought a small tube (4oz?) of sunscreen before we hit the Meseta for 20€. Bring your own from home, if it's cheaper!
I echo other posts to purchase at a mercado and not Farmacia. Prices also differ by location (city vs village) I am currently on Via Francigena. Fellow hiker purchased ibuprofen in Aosta for 10.70 Euros. Two weeks later in a small town same item was 3.50 euros. And drinks! At end of day a spritz was 3 euros in Fornovo, now 10E in Lucca.. happy walking everyone

Reactions: trecile

Most read last week in this forum

The standard response to what to do when you get bed bugs, is to wash and dry everything at 60 degrees. But if you do that to your silk sleeping bag liner or your merino socks or t shirts or down...
I will do the Camino Frances from mid June to mid July and will start in Pamplona. Should I take a fleece/cold weather garment?
Hey all! Having rabbit holed many, many packing lists, I'd love y'alls feedback on my packing list - https://lighterpack.com/r/p6hm36 For context, I'm 49, medium experienced hiker, weigh 200lbs...
The new "Experience" line from Altra looks interesting. Has anybody tried them yet? I will order a pair of Altra Experience Wild and report back after some day hikes. They have the traditional...
Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino? Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit...
Having had two sets of poles taken from me at the airport on my return flight (traveling cabin luggage only) I want to buy poles cheaply on arrival before O begin my Camino..either in Santiago or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.