• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tamborine to Santiago via Camino Frances

marbuck

Time of past OR future Camino
Condom to Pamplona April 2016.
Le Puy to Condom France - April-May 2015.
Roncesvalles to Santiago April - May 2014
Finisterre to Muxia May 2014
We started our blog when we began training for the Camino on the 1st December 2013. We fly to Paris in three days’ time and will spend two weeks travelling in France waiting for our Camino companion to join us in St Jean. We plan to update the blog regularly as we walk to Santiago.

http://tamborinetosantiago.blogspot.com.au/

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you are able to walk those distances with your packs you will have no trouble starting from St Jean, just take it nice and easy, its not as difficult or daunting as it sounds. You have two choices from St Jean, the Valcarlos route which is very beautiful or the Napoleon which is a bit harder and also very beautiful. I have not done the Napoleon yet but hope to do so on the 24th of April.
Go safely and Buen Camino.

If you are able to walk those distances with your packs you will have no trouble starting from St Jean, just take it nice and easy, its not as difficult or daunting as it sounds. You have two choices from St Jean, the Valcarlos route which is very beautiful or the Napoleon which is a bit harder and also very beautiful. I have not done the Napoleon yet but hope to do so on the 24th of April.

Hi Wayfarer & marbuck,

Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin’ ship
My senses have been stripped, my hands can’t feel to grip
My toes too numb to step
Wait only for my boot heels to be wanderin’
I’m ready to go anywhere, I’m ready for to fade
Into my own parade, cast your dancing spell my way
I promise to go under it

Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m going to
Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
In the jingle jangle morning I’ll come followin’ you

A classic song for a classic way.

Buen Camino to you both..............Keith.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We started our blog when we began training for the Camino on the 1st December 2013. We fly to Paris in three days’ time and will spend two weeks travelling in France waiting for our Camino companion to join us in St Jean. We plan to update the blog regularly as we walk to Santiago.

I've read your blog and can tell you are more than ready - just make sure you park the car frequently during those two weeks travelling in France. Besides, France is a wonderful place in which to walk and you'll see much more interesting stuff on foot than in the car!

Hi Wayfarer & Marbuck . I'll be very interested in your blog becauseI believe I will be only a few days behind you. I'm leaving StJean on the 25th. April. My guts are churning over just now because the longest single day walk I have done amounts to 10.3 miles carrying a backpack weighing 15lbs. Here's hoping!!

We may even see you on the track somewhere, if you see us say hello. Be nice to meet a fellow Forum member.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Wayfarer & Marbuck . I'll be very interested in your blog becauseI believe I will be only a few days behind you. I'm leaving StJean on the 25th. April. My guts are churning over just now because the longest single day walk I have done amounts to 10.3 miles carrying a backpack weighing 15lbs. Here's hoping!!

The 25th April is our Anzac Day in Australia, a good day to start your Camino. We hope to update the Blog often so hope you can continue to read it. Hopefully we will meet on the Camino.

I've read your blog and can tell you are more than ready - just make sure you park the car frequently during those two weeks travelling in France. Besides, France is a wonderful place in which to walk and you'll see much more interesting stuff on foot than in the car!

Hi Kanga. Thanks for your words of encouragement. We have trained really hard for this walk. But as I have found out in Nepal, nothing really prepares you for the real thing. We still expect to hurt for the first week. We are so excited, we leave tonight.

Hi there Marbuck(s).
All the best to you both. Just looked at your blog, and hope the pic taken with backpack was set up as it is definitely much more comfortable with the hip strap buckled up hugging it all to you to form one moving part.
Buen Camino. Have fun in Paris on the way.
Annie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Kanga. Thanks for your words of encouragement. We have trained really hard for this walk. But as I have found out in Nepal, nothing really prepares you for the real thing. We still expect to hurt for the first week. We are so excited, we leave tonight.

Have a wonderful, wonderful time. Once you are on that plane - soar!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello all! Just a little follow up to my post a few months back on whether it was too soon to second Camino a year after the first. The answer was a resounding no! I got a cheap flight and found...
Aussies partners update their video every night very up to date 18th May 2024. This couple are updating there video every evening very current as they walk. Showing weather yesterday at cruz de...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.