Taxi from valcarlos

northerngirl

Apr 2, 2013
Time of past OR future Camino
sept 2013 September 2014
We walked from Sarria to Santiago last year and will return this year to start at the beginning. We don't feel we have " the legs" to do the Napoleon route the first day so are walking to Valcarlos our first night. Is it possible to get a taxi from there onto the Napoleon way next morning so we can see some of the wonderful views and join the route. If so what would be the cost of a taxi. Thank you

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Nov 1, 2008
Portland, Oregon
www.caminosantiago2.blogspot.com
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
We walked from Sarria to Santiago last year and will return this year to start at the beginning. We don't feel we have " the legs" to do the Napoleon route the first day so are walking to Valcarlos our first night. Is it possible to get a taxi from there onto the Napoleon way next morning so we can see some of the wonderful views and join the route. If so what would be the cost of a taxi. Thank you

Yes, a taxi is possible. They generally charge between €1-€1.50 per kilometer although I'm not sure about that particular route, having never walked it.
Try contacting Carolyn from Express Bourricot to set this up.
apcaroline@hotmail.com

bernhugo

Jun 8, 2012
I can thoroughly recommend Express Bourricot,having used Caroline twice in 2012. Also ,if she receives requests from other travellers to do that ,or a similar journey that can be combined, the fee quoted will be divided fairly between those travellers

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
D

Deleted member 3000

You probably will minimize the cost of the taxi if it is summoned locally. Here is a list of taxis in Navarra from the Kingdom of Navarra. Two are in Valcarlos.

Attachments

• ReddeTaxis4.pdf
    57.9 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Tamas
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

naplesdon

Veteran Member
Jul 14, 2012
Vanderbilt Beach and Estoril
Multiple Caminos 2010 to 2019
If you take a taxi the paved road on the Route Napoleon will get you as far as the Croix Thibaut after that the road heads south. From Croix Thibaut you can walk across the border near the Font de Roland, over the top of Col Lepoeder and down to Roncevalles. It's about 9 km.

Felipe

Veteran Member
Mar 28, 2009
Mexico
Don't dismiss the way from Valcarlos to Roncesvalles. After Valcarlos (where I slept), I agree, you walk about 40 min by the side of a highway (not too much traffic, and with superb landscapes), but after that, it is 3 hrs through a very nice forest, up to Ibañeta and the short final walk down to Roncesvalles. I did it this way, and I arrived well and sound. I could even have walked farther (and I am almost 60 yrs old).

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Don't dismiss the way from Valcarlos to Roncesvalles. After Valcarlos (where I slept), I agree, you walk about 40 min by the side of a highway (not too much traffic, and with superb landscapes), but after that, it is 3 hrs through a very nice forest, up to Ibañeta and the short final walk down to Roncesvalles. I did it this way, and I arrived well and sound. I could even have walked farther (and I am almost 60 yrs old).

Felipe is SO right! It is the ORIGINAL medival pilgrim path and the only way open in snow. Read what others and I have written about the Valcalos alternate route in this earlier Forum thread.

MM

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
We are in Santa Marina del rey staying at a hostel costing 59 euros after redirecting from our destination which was San Martin del Camino. We found the albergues were all booked or closed after...
Walking the Camino Frances, since the 16th there has been a lot of mud on the trail but doable until today on the way to Pamplona! It got very difficult with the mud on the pass high up beside...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.