• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Way: how do you feel about THE movie?

The Way - LOVE it? HATE it? Or...meh...

• 5 - I absolutely LOVE it, and have rewatched it many times

Votes: 176 43.9%
  • 4 - It was an enjoyable movie, and I'd happily see it again but don't seek it out.

Votes: 157 39.2%
  • 3 - I really don't care one way or another (or I have not seen it).

Votes: 32 8.0%
  • 2 - I saw it once and that was more than enough.

Votes: 25 6.2%
  • 1 - I absolutely HATE it, and wish people would stop talking about it.

Votes: 11 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... all we need to do now is watch it with Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" for a soundtrack and the circle would be complete, no?! :rolleyes:🤣
Man alive, I knew nothing about Dark Side of the Moon being connected (allegedly) either. I know this thread kind of took a turn but I’m enjoying it! It’s getting me out from under the rock I’ve apparently been living under.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I hesitate to mention this, but I am posiibly the only person ever to have done the Camino with "The Way" in his bag. I had bought (and watched more than once) the DVD shortly before leaving Australia on my first Camino. I wanted to show it to my brother who at that time lived in Portugal. He had expressed in no uncertain terms that he thought I was crazy at my age to be doing a 1000km journey on a bike. "The Way" changed his mind.
I found this photo of my 'stuff' which just fit into 2 big Ortlieb pannier bags. You can tell that I hadn't read anything about carrying too much weight back then! But there's the DVD top centre in a yellow 'crystal' case.
P6080188 (1).jpeg
I have no idea what's in those zip-up containers, except for a towel apparently. Ah well... I learned.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I first watched this movie sometime after it’s release without knowing the spark it lit would have a profound outcome on my life. I first heard about the Camino in high school during a course on religious history (1975). However, it was the film that brought the idea of a pilgrimage into focus. I found the movie inspiring, and the portrayal of a grieving father on his quest compelling. Then in 2013 I was diagnosed with cancer and the surgery to remove it was extremely complicated and potentially lethal. I was told that meditation would help me remain calm and centered while waiting a month for the surgery. They suggested I envision my future in one year, ten years, twenty years etc. I began seeing myself walking the Camino in one year, walking again in ten years with my soon to be born grandson, and in twenty years with any future grandchildren. I survived the surgery and rising from the bed for the first time asked my daughter for a hand to “walk the Camino” to the bathroom. I explained my vision and friends and family quickly got onboard, each helping me “walk the Camino”. Every day I was able to walk just a bit further, to the front door, down the drive way, across the street, and around the block. Three months later I was in SJPP beginning a journey of 500 miles. That first Camino grounded me for what was to come. For nearly eight more years I fought to survive and overcome severe and debilitating illness. Yet, through it all, I still focused on my vision of walking the Camino with my grandson. Last May 2023 we found ourselves in SJPP in the very same Albergue I began in 10 years previous. The vision became reality. Now my 3 year old grandson is begging to walk the Camino. I smile as the elder grandson assures him that when he is 10 years old we will take him too. It was the movie that inspired me to first walk, and once you walk….well, you all know that leads to so much more. The movie is just a story, a story that lit a spark. I am grateful that Emilio and his father are storytellers who wove a story about one man’s heartbreak and transformation on the Camino, attempted to capture just a bit of the possibilities and feel of the walk, actually filmed it on one of the many routes, and then shared it with us. View attachment 164271
Amazing story. Thank you for sharing.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A recent post about a sequel to the the Way elicited many responses, and a few people thought a poll would be interesting. I agree, wondering what the silent people here think, not merely those of us who feel strongly enough to post their opinions.

So what's the current general feeling here on the Forum about this movie that's become iconic?

The poll is anonymous.
There is no need to post a message after you vote. But if you feel called to do so, please be kind. Opinions are opinions. None are right or wrong - they're just opinions. Kindly keep it to yourself if you feel other people are stupid or insufferable snobs (or whatever) for having them.
Loved it

I don't think I could say the film on its own inspired me to want to walk the Camino, but it was certainly one of the things that added to the desire to. My love affair with the Camino was sparked probably before the film existed on our many road trips across NW Spain, and this led me to eventually find the film.

It has however had a massive impact on my wider circle of those close to me. The below would not have happened without this movie.

When my adopted father in-law (Lyndon) was diagnosed with the C, and we knew his time was limited, we would every Sunday go round to his house and project films on to the living room wall (they were old school with no TV). The first film we watched was The Way, and this then turned in to a weekly Camino obsession where along with watching The Way again we watched many other Camino related documentaries and films (I Will Push You etc). Often with some tapas type snacks and occasional guinness.

It had a big effect on my father in-law. There is something about the idea of the Camino that is redemptive, uplifting, inspiring and soothing in that it can give you sense that there is magic left in the world, and because of this hope that the end is not the end (in a religious or spiritual way and obviously of course not for everyone). For me, and others The Way captures this in varying degrees and lights a spark.

These afternoons and the Camino provided great comfort and interest to my father in-law, and often his grandson Harry (my godson) who was 12 at the time would join us as well as my adopted mother in-law (Dinah). These are some of my fondest memories, and these days brought us all closer, and it started with this film.

As the end was creeping ever closer me and my godson went and collected a selection of stones from Lyndons favourite beaches, he and Dinah chose two each. One would be for Cruz de Ferro, and as per the tradition represented any burden/regrets he still carried (which I can't imagine could be many), and the other was to go into the sea at Finisterre – in a way meaning they both got to do the Camino in some way. An idea inspired by the film.

Whilst I walked the Camino because of the loss of Flora my dog, I carried the stones to Cruz de Ferro (as well as one of my own). I didn't want to take them without my Godson been there, but I compromised and took the stones for Cruz de Ferro. One day Harry and myself will deliver the other stones of his grandparents to the waters of Finisterre (maybe after the Primitivo this summer).

So yes, The Way touches people by the many ways it portrays and symbolises the Camino, but not all people. And that is the beauty of life, we are all different.

View attachment 164209
What a lovely story. Thank you for sharing.

I have watched this movie about four times. I saw it for the first time about four years after I joined this forum and two years before my wife and I managed to walk most of the Camino Frances. The movie increased my interest in spending more than a month walking this route. But here's what has made it hard for me to really like this film:

The main character is basically unlikeable

Almost nobody can put on another person's kit, especially footwear, and just walk for a month

The notion of a "Camino Family" is misleading, IMHO. It's hard to walk together for days on end with anyone due to each person's naturally different footspeed coupled with the length of each walking day. It's also naturally difficult to sustain a conversation with a stranger for more than a day or two

The Irishman's introduction is preposterous

The stolen backpack and the Roma plotting is also preposterous

People don't arrive at their destination and immediately sit down to drink and then drink to excess. They go to their bed, shower, and maybe wash some clothes. Then at dinner and into the evening people drink. Maybe a drink before dinner, also.

We arrived in SdC and had walked far enough. We walked to/from Fisterre on another Camino. Three people joining Tom to walk for a few more days is another notion of the film that seems, well, just the way Hollywood rolls.

Finally, the movie underscores Toms' transformation. But is transformation possible at Tom's age (or at my slightly older age)? Unlikely, although the movie's main character, as portrayed, certainly needs to do some major tweaking to his curmudgeon-like character. However, if you are looking or searching for a transformative experience, give the Camino a month of your time. It might work for you. And even if it doesn't, I think you'll enjoy yourself and gain some knowledge about yourself as well as the culture and people you experience along Your way.
Excellent review. IMO The Way is no more than a film - to maintain interest it has got to have some ridiculous events about every 10 to 15 minutes. I enjoyed the camino but would have avoided these characters like the plague.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@simoncooper99 Just out of curiosity - how would you recognize "these characters" and otherwise how would you know what kind of characters they are without spending some time (and that could be "days") with them?

P.S. what kind of "character" are you? ;) 😇

I have to say it was the film that inspired me to do my first camino. I do take the point about Martin Sheen not making the effort not to learn Spanish. When I arrive I Spain I couldn't speak a word of Spanish, but by the end of my camino I could get by comfortably, so no excuse.
I'm 99% sure, please correct me if I'm wrong, that it was the *character* Tom, not the *person*, Martin Sheen, who didn't learn any spanish or french.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I just watched the movie « I’ll Push You » thanks to a mention on this thread streamed on YouTube for $7.99 CDN (to google). Very touching documentary that totally encapsulates what the Camino gives back ❤️

Love this forum! 🙏

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Many people have enjoyed the movie, and some have been inspired to do their own Camino. So that’s good.

I wanted to like it, but the two times I have viewed I found it literally unwatchable and could not finish it.

Particularly problematic for me was the arrogant way that Martin Sheen’s character couldn’t be bothered to learn even a few words of French or Spanish. The ‘Ugly American’ stereotype.
IIRC, the Ugly American was the one who got his hands dirty working with the people, not the arrogant Ambassador, per the book.

I haven't watched The Way, and don't plan to. That genre / etc is simply not to my taste. Maybe if Ken Burns does a documentary on the subject, instead..... 🤓

This is how I "discovered" the pilgrimage:

baroque.png
Edit: Here's the link on Youtube
Baroque’s Dark Heart (Waldemar Januszczak)

Back when I watched it, I thought - maybe one day. Many years later I am happier, healthier, stronger.... just really looking forward to my pilgrimage. It's giving me something positive to work towards every day 😀

Last edited:
I have watched this movie about four times. I saw it for the first time about four years after I joined this forum and two years before my wife and I managed to walk most of the Camino Frances. The movie increased my interest in spending more than a month walking this route. But here's what has made it hard for me to really like this film:

The main character is basically unlikeable

Almost nobody can put on another person's kit, especially footwear, and just walk for a month

The notion of a "Camino Family" is misleading, IMHO. It's hard to walk together for days on end with anyone due to each person's naturally different footspeed coupled with the length of each walking day. It's also naturally difficult to sustain a conversation with a stranger for more than a day or two

The Irishman's introduction is preposterous

The stolen backpack and the Roma plotting is also preposterous

People don't arrive at their destination and immediately sit down to drink and then drink to excess. They go to their bed, shower, and maybe wash some clothes. Then at dinner and into the evening people drink. Maybe a drink before dinner, also.

We arrived in SdC and had walked far enough. We walked to/from Fisterre on another Camino. Three people joining Tom to walk for a few more days is another notion of the film that seems, well, just the way Hollywood rolls.

Finally, the movie underscores Toms' transformation. But is transformation possible at Tom's age (or at my slightly older age)? Unlikely, although the movie's main character, as portrayed, certainly needs to do some major tweaking to his curmudgeon-like character. However, if you are looking or searching for a transformative experience, give the Camino a month of your time. It might work for you. And even if it doesn't, I think you'll enjoy yourself and gain some knowledge about yourself as well as the culture and people you experience along Your way.
"Almost nobody can put on another person's kit, especially footwear, and just walk for a month"
I could right now literally pick up a basic kit of a pack, sleeping bag etc and walk for a month. Sure, I gotta tweak the pack to fit, but I could get it to work. As far as the footwear I've watched the movie a couple of times and saw in it nothing that said he too the boots off his dead son's feet. I mean he could have just bought some in SJPdP. Not like they are short on outdoor shops.

"The notion of a "Camino Family" is misleading, IMHO. It's hard to walk together for days on end with anyone due to each person's naturally different footspeed coupled with the length of each walking day. It's also naturally difficult to sustain a conversation with a stranger for more than a day or two"
I've walked the Camino several times and I have literally observed multiple "Camino families" walk together for days and weeks and I have been part of them before for short periods of time.

"People don't arrive at their destination and immediately sit down to drink and then drink to excess. They go to their bed, shower, and maybe wash some clothes. Then at dinner and into the evening people drink. Maybe a drink before dinner, also."
Again, I have literally gone out to dinner straight from arriving in the destination town and skipped the whole laundry thing (during cooler weather the clothes don't get too sweaty funky and I just wore them the next morning) and showered later when I got back to the alberguethat evening. It was times when I was with a group and we got to the albergue around dinner time, and we had several drinks with dinner. I have also walked while pretty much drunk a couple of times when I stopped for lunch with other pilgrims and it extended into a couple of hours with a lot of beer and wine, lol.

"We arrived in SdC and had walked far enough. We walked to/from Fisterre on another Camino. Three people joining Tom to walk for a few more days is another notion of the film that seems, well, just the way Hollywood rolls."
I have continued on to Finisterre from Santiago with fellow pilgrims I had been walking with on the Frances. We set off the next morning. It was nice weather and only three more days. We all took the bus back to Santiago.

And, again. in my fashion I will avert everyone's attention to the PINNACLE of ACW movies, namely "Gone With The Wind".
Those who know the history and know when certain battles have occurred would be quite amused by the length of Melanie's pregnancy for she was pregnant for like 18 months or so
:oops:

IT'S A MOVIE, FOLKS!!!!

P.S. at least none of these "crazy characters" burned their clothes by the Muxia Faro - rejoice in that!!!!!

A recent post about a sequel to the the Way elicited many responses, and a few people thought a poll would be interesting. I agree, wondering what the silent people here think, not merely those of us who feel strongly enough to post their opinions.

So what's the current general feeling here on the Forum about this movie that's become iconic?

The poll is anonymous.
There is no need to post a message after you vote. But if you feel called to do so, please be kind. Opinions are opinions. None are right or wrong - they're just opinions. Kindly keep it to yourself if you feel other people are stupid or insufferable snobs (or whatever) for having them.
I watched the movie hundreds, maybe over a thousand, times. I vote 10. The movie is iconic by definition, and it has informed and compelled thousands, more likely hundreds of thousands of people to walk the Camino.

I first saw the movie as a rerun on HBO in 2015. I thought it was a nice movie made in Hollywood. Although I had visited most European countries, I had no intention of going to Spain because I thought it was mostly a hot dusty desert with adobe houses and guys with big mustaches wearing ponchos and sombreros. I had never heard of the Camino. I saw the move again a few months later, loving the country views and medieval architecture, so I Googled the movie to see if Spain was anything like the movie’s depiction. The instant I learned the movie was made in Spain along the Camino, I switched web pages and started planning my trip with no hesitation or apprehension whatsoever.

By the time I had completed my 5th CF, I had personally experienced, or met other pilgrims who had experienced, nearly every scenario in the movie including: I carried my Goddaughter’s ashes from SJPP to Muxia and placed them in the water (she had wanted to walk the Camino, but didn’t get the chance); 2 police officers came to take me to jail (although I talked them out of it); I got no blisters, although my feet got sore several times; I met a man with writer’s block, people trying to lose weight/quit smoking/drinking/drugs; people with overabundance of kindness who will always share food, belongings and assist; crazy people; met a man with first-hand association with another pilgrim who had his pack taken, but then returned to the albergue several hours later to find the pack hanging on a fence outside, plus other reports of stolen packs; I met a man walking with brain cancer, priests, many people forced to spend a night outside, woman who would be getting a divorce as soon as she completed the Camino, a woman who paid for my bed, albeit not in a parador, but in an albergue; I walked a Camino by accident, but discovered 3 years later it was not accident. The list goes on.

Contrary to those alleging Martin did not attempt to learn any Spanish, he did ask how to say “I’m sorry” and he did use other Spanish words. So what. It's a movie. The ugly American thing does happen from time to time; probably makes the movie more authentic. I will be doing my 12th Camino in April and still cannot speak a whole sentence in Spanish. I tend to be impatient, walk a bit faster than most and may have consumed more than moderate amounts of vino, beer or orujo between the end of the day’s walk and settling into an albergue. You might not like me either. So what. It's my Camino. You and me are better for it.

I plan to watch, The Way, this weekend for my 58th birthday as I plan to Camino on my 60th. I heard the movie was not filmed on location, except for a couple of places. Does this detract from the authenticity of the film?
No, it doesn't!
My friend gave me a copy of The Way in April 2014, a few months before my 60th. When I lived in the UK I had seen snippets of the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage and couldn't understand why anyone would want to take a walking holiday. So it was with a lot of negativity and reluctance that I watched this movie. After watching The Way I had this overwhelming need to walk it. My job, mostly deskbound and long hours, plus extramural university studies meant I was very unfit. I lasted ten days on the track before blisters and injuries from a fall meant I could no longer walk. In 2016 I did the Camino Portuguese equally unsuccessful. But in September 2019 I returned to the Camino Frances and started again at SJPP. Fitness has since become a priority in my life, and I walked home from work with a loaded backpack most days. On my first and second Camino my feet were covered in blisters, in 2019 I only got one very small blister.
Looking forward to the sequel!
One last story, on the penultimate day of my 2019 Camino Frances walk we stopped and had a proper breakfast before leaving. We were joined by a lovely Australian couple whom our paths had crossed at various times. They arrived at the table, filled with energy and joy saying that they'd just finished watching some of The Way to get them in the mood for the day ahead..

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

The poll is anonymous.
I watch it so I can say to whomever is watching it with me that I once interviewed James Nesbitt 🤩 I’m looking forward to the sequel because I heard part of it will be shot on the del Norte, which is the only Camino I’ve done.

James Nesbitt
I have no idea who that is. And couldn't care less. Ask me about Visigothic architecture, or geology along the way, or different routes and tracks from A to B, though, and I'll be interested.

But wow, it's a really good thing we are all different. Some of the stories on this thread are really special.

I was totally ignorant to Camino and only heard of Santiago. I hardly knew the name of the place as "Santiago de Compostela. My mum introduced me to "The Way". It took me ages to finally watch it. After having watched the movie the first time, I loved it and was very much inspired. In fact, I watched it more than once after that and had even bought the DVD.

No doubt some hate it for their personal reasons. It does not matter to me. "One man's meat is another man's poison". To me, the background was lovely. The experience looks intimidating. But what I love most is the Camino spirit. People from different walks of life encouraging each other to push on.

Of course, I had my reservation that this only happens in the movie and might not be in real. Well, I am very new to this forum and in fact just a day old. I have already experienced the Camino spirit of others responding to my question and sharing their experience.

Anxious that my ankles might not carry me to Santiago de Compostella from Sarria.. this is my first Camino and I have always been less of an outdoor person, "The Way" is an inspiration to me.

Another satisfied customer.🙂
Among many. 😁
The 5s have definitely pulled ahead! Those of us who are 1s, 2s, or 3s are only 16.8% of the total. (Hee hee...we may need to learn to vent to each other in PM space to avoid ruffling the feathers of the 83%)

But more seriously...
This is the camino culture now. Eso es. It will always change - so either we accept and adapt or make ourselves miserable. Fortunately there are more solitary caminos than the busy kind - and so for those who want no part of the social Francés culture popularized by The Way, there are many other options. It's not a zero-sum game, and no-one is wrong.

Of course, I had my reservation that this only happens in the movie and might not be in real. Well, I am very new to this forum and in fact just a day old. I have already experienced the Camino spirit of others responding to my question and sharing their experience.
Welcome here, VmK. This place is like a very big virtual albergue. We often disagree, but there is more cordiality than not.

I plan to watch, The Way, this weekend for my 58th birthday as I plan to Camino on my 60th. I heard the movie was not filmed on location, except for a couple of places. Does this detract from the authenticity of the film?
I would say it’s the other way around.
Mostly filmed on location except the big albergue and the bridge scenes.

I’ve watched it a few times.
I’ll just say I could probably recite the whole script….. ;)

And Yes, the movie was how I found out about the Camino.
It’s the reason I felt compelled to walk it.
And Yes it’s just a movie.
But my first Camino was as transformative as Tom’s.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

The poll is anonymous.
I love it, I bought it and have shown it to many people often igniting a sincere interest in walking at least part of the Camino. The best thing for me about having bought the DVD is the alternate audio with Emilio Estevez, Martin Sheen and others with stories about the filming, actors and locations. Thumbs up for me!

Here's a list of the film's locations. I know that there is a thread (or threads) where some unknown locations were hunted down by members using photos. Perhaps it was later posts in this thread though. There are a couple of versions of the film so timings listed may not match the version of the film you have.

I had read Paul Cohelo's book back in the seventies on the Camino, so I learned of the Camino's existence. After seeing the Way, having read a few books and watched some YouTube regarding the Camino, I decided to do my first one in 2016 from St. Jean to Santiago. I have walked the Camino 6 more times since then and will be going back to walk again this Spring. I selected option 5 because I probably watch the movie once or twice a year. Watching the movie was certainly a catalyst for me for walking my first camino as it was for many of the pilgrims I've spoken to over the years. When I asked many of the German pilgrims what fostered their walking, many mentioned the book by the German comedian as has been mentioned earlier. In short, I am grateful for the movie and that I happened to be in the right place and right time to see it. Walking the camino has fostered many wonderful changes in my life for the good and has become part of a self care kind of annual maintenance program.

I didn’t respond to the Poll because I felt different about the movie after I walked it.
I really liked the movie initially and it partially inspired me walk the CF. I also read several books including Walk in a Relaxed Manner which enhanced my desire to walk it.

However, after I walked the CF I realized the movie only showed a small section of the Camino and provided more drama than most of us experience (thankfully) as we walk. In fairness, movies need to make money.

I didn’t respond to the Poll because I felt different about the movie after I walked it.
I really liked the movie initially and it partially inspired me walk the CF. I also read several books including Walk in a Relaxed Manner which enhanced my desire to walk it.

However, after I walked the CF I realized the movie only showed a small section of the Camino and provided more drama than most of us experience (thankfully) as we walk. In fairness, movies need to make money.
Very true. The average Camino walk for the average pilgrim would make a dreadfully boring movie to someone with no knowledge of the Camino. Just check out 99.99% of the youtube videos on the Camino. Not very entertaining or even informative at all. Usually scored with some over dramatic music, and filled with cheesy, wannabe philosophical ramblings on. I find it difficult to find one I am interested in watching. There's a few, and those are ones made by a lone pilgrim, no background music. Just walking and what they're experiencing.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
My wife and I watched the movie "Six ways to Santiago" about six different people doing their own independent CF. It was only 20 minutes into the movie when I turned to my wife and said "I have to do that"
Three months later I was in St jean looking up the hill and could not wait to get started. Of course, like everyone else I caught the bug and have now done three with another coming up in June and the next one after that planned for 2026.

My wife and I watched the movie "Six ways to Santiago" about six different people doing their own independent CF. It was only 20 minutes into the movie when I turned to my wife and said "I have to do that"
Prior to our first camino (but after seeing The Way) we saw that movie in a theater with the producer there for an introduction and a question answering session after. Before the movie began she asked for a show of hands as to who wanted to go. Ours went up but being in the front we didn't see how many others did. After the showing she asked again and reported "Not as many" but she added that it varied from city to city.

Reactions: RJM
dreadfully boring movie to someone with no knowledge of the Camino. Just check out 99.99% of the youtube videos on the Camino
Amen.
A bit off topic, but why do most people think their home video is worth putting out into the world? The same goes for the self-published books.

Years ago when few people were walking, a camino memoir made sense. But not now, with many thousands of people walking each year. Enough, already - we're not at all special! Not anymore.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Years ago when few people were walking, a camino memoir made sense. But not now, with many thousands of people walking each year. We're not at all special, people! Not anymore.
That may be partly why I was not specially inspired or moved by the movie. While I found the film quite entertaining it did not tell me anything about the Camino which I had not already found out through my reading, through conversations with other pilgrims, or by walking the Camino Frances twice myself.

With 400 votes the results are clear.
83% of votes were either (basically) ++ or +
8% were neutral.
9% were either - or - -

(The extra 0.2% in the machine calculated percentages posed in the poll results is from rounding error)

The Ayes have it! Not even close.
One thing that's clear with no poll needed is that neutrality is the rarest response.

So, curiosity being satisfied, I'll ask for the poll to be closed, and we can go back to arguing about socks, poles, and why SJPP is the real beginning of the CF. 🙃🤭
Thank you everyone for all your wonderful stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.