• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ticket question

auburnfive

Veteran Member
Sorry for this non - techie question dumb question but if you are purchasing an advance bus ticket online. from Alsa or Monbus , do you need to pint out a paper ticket to show to the driver? Or can you load it onto your phone and show the driver? Thanks

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
There is an ALSA app for iOS (Android too I imagine) that allows you to buy a ticket and display when boarding the bus. All very convenient if you are OK without paper tickets. I've used it a half dozen times and never had a problem.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is an ALSA app for iOS (Android too I imagine) that allows you to buy a ticket and display when boarding the bus. All very convenient if you are OK without paper tickets. I've used it a half dozen times and never had a problem.
There is an ALSA Android app. They will also email you a pdf version of the ticket that the driver can scan from your phone. The only times I got paper tickets this year was at the ticket counters of bus stations if I purchased tickets there, not just for ALSA but other operators as well.

This may seem stupid, but I always print out the ticket as a fall back in case my phone loses power or some other anomaly. Belt and suspenders when traveling.... :)

In the light of full disclosure, over 5 Caminos, my phone and Internet have never failed me. I use the ALSA app if appropriate and store the appropriate emails locally.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Reminds me of a favourite uncle way back. He was an accountant for the then London County Council. Caculators were just coming into their own. He always did the “sums” by calculator but then double checked the results long hand! You can never be too sure…

Reminds me of a favourite uncle way back. He was an accountant for the then London County Council. Caculators were just coming into their own. He always did the “sums” by calculator but then double checked the results long hand! You can never be too sure…
Every good accountant adds up the columns and then the rows.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I was trying to plan on catching the 4:00 pm Monbus from Samos to Santiago. I can see from the many reviews online this bus company is not reliable and treats customers terribly (denying...
Hi all! Not sure where to post this (moderators, please feel free to move to the correct section if it’s wrong here). Due to a mess up of the Dutch postal service, the parcel I sent home from...
I am catching an Alsa bus from asturias airport to Oviedo, then from Oviedo to Leon. I have bought the tickets online and was concerned about the short connection time in Oviedo. If I miss the...
Hello everyone! Due to my bad knees, I can't walk the Camino Santiago. Instead of going home, I have found that going from Albergue to Albergue to catch up with friends is the camino I have chose...
Hi all! I am currently on the Camino and running into an issue with my debit card. My bank is switching over all debit cards and deactivating the old ones. The card is being mailed to my house in...
Hello, I saw O Lagar de Jesus mentioned in a couple of threads. Looking for input about this place. It caught my eye because of the communal dinner and proximity to Padron. Some questions: 1)...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back