Search 69,459 Camino Questions

trailhead in Lorca Spain

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Oct 29, 2013
New Zealand
Time of past OR future Camino
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
C. Frances sections Apr-Jun 2019
I'm planning on taking train in Aug/Sept from Valencia to Lorca. Will I be able to find the trailhead in Lorca for Camino Frances heading to Santiago?
@CaminoFitz - just in case you didn't know, there are two places in Spain called Lorca, a long way apart! Make sure you're heading to the right one. I only mention this because the Lorca which has a train station (Lorca in Murcia) is not the one on the Camino Francés (Lorca in Navarra). If you are heading to Lorca on the Camino Francés your nearest train station is probably Pamplona, then a bus from there. This Lorca is tiny and the Camino goes right through it - no problem finding it if you're in the right town!

Some on this forum might advise you to use Rome2rio.com to find your route- usually that's good advice, but I've noticed if you enter Lorca as a destination it only gives one option ("Lorca, Spain"), and it's the wrong one. If you actually type in Lorca Navarra, it does give you the correct one, but it's confusing!

Apologies if you know all of this already!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Oct 29, 2013
New Zealand
Time of past OR future Camino
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
C. Frances sections Apr-Jun 2019
For the sake of completeness I feel I should add that there is a Camino route through Lorca in Murcia, the Ruta del Argar, but the OP did mention they are heading for the Camino Francés.

Most read last week in this forum

Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
Hi all! Have you used Pilgrim.es to plan your Camino? The reviews that I have found make me a bit nervous. Bit I can’t find any other company that will work with my group size. I don’t mind paying...
Hi All, My next leg is from Los Arcos. I'm hoping to go back in Sept and as i will be solo this time and no one to shared transfer costs with im trying to figure out best routes for bus and train...
Ryanair have announced that after November they will no longer be flying to/from Bordeaux. Unfortunate for those heading for SJPDP as it is a useful alternative to Biarritz...
I saw the list posted with all the transfer companies for different routes, super helpful! What I haven't seen yet is a good estimation tool/reference for budget consideration. Top Santiago has a...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides