Search 69,459 Camino Questions

transport back from Santiago De Compostela to Lisbon

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Jan 18, 2015
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
ALSA run buses directly from Santiago to Lisbon. About 40 euro and slow - takes about 9 1/2 hours. Another option might be to fly from Vigo or A Coruña to Lisbon via Madrid with Iberia: just seen flights taking 3 1/2 hours and costing about 50 euro.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

pippa47

May 22, 2018
Spain and to Rome.
ALSA run buses directly from Santiago to Lisbon. About 40 euro and slow - takes about 9 1/2 hours. Another option might be to fly from Vigo or A Coruña to Lisbon via Madrid with Iberia: just seen flights taking 3 1/2 hours and costing about 50 euro.
thank you Bradypus, that sounds like my best option.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

hughb

Sep 9, 2012
Coimbrao, Portugal
Norte June 2013 plus Finisterre
Norrte 2015
Ingles 2016
Portuguese 2018 and 2019
Fatima routes
I need to get back to Lisbon from Santiago De Compostela any suggestions please. TIA
I live in Portugal and have always caught the Alsa bus from Santiago home. However a couple of weeks ago, i finished the caminhõ português. For a change I caught the Alsa bus to Braga, then the Lisboa high speed train to home. Much faster and cheaper, especially if you are over 65 as the train is half price.

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Feb 4, 2018
Rome, Italy
spiritofthecamino.com
Some in the past; more in the future!
If you prefer the train, there’s a very early morning train from SdC (about 6am IIRC), and you switch in Vigo and Porto, and it’s quicker than the bus. There’s also an afternoon train from SdC, but you’d have to stay overnight in Porto.

Reactions: pippa47

karlyk

Jun 3, 2019
Buffalo, NY
Frances 2019
Portuguese from Lisbon 2019
I live in Portugal and have always caught the Alsa bus from Santiago home. However a couple of weeks ago, i finished the caminhõ português. For a change I caught the Alsa bus to Braga, then the Lisboa high speed train to home. Much faster and cheaper, especially if you are over 65 as the train is half price.

hughb, How did you get from the Braga bus station to the train station? Google shows it's a 15 minute walk. I'm concerned about making that walk myself, not knowing the area and being worried abut poorly labeled streets. Did you walk, taxi? Were there ample signs? Any recommendations?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

hughb

Sep 9, 2012
Coimbrao, Portugal
Norrte 2015
Ingles 2016
Portuguese 2018 and 2019
Fatima routes
hughb, How did you get from the Braga bus station to the train station? Google shows it's a 15 minute walk. I'm concerned about making that walk myself, not knowing the area and being worried abut poorly labeled streets. Did you walk, taxi? Were there ample signs? Any recommendations?
There were taxis at the bus station but I had time to walk, visit the cathedral (short visit), and have lunch in a restaurant outside the station.

hughb

Sep 9, 2012
Coimbrao, Portugal
Norrte 2015
Ingles 2016
Portuguese 2018 and 2019
Fatima routes
P.S. I guess that after walking the Caminho, I never even thought about the distance. I did consult Google maps a couple of times to make sure that I was heading in the right direction.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I was trying to plan on catching the 4:00 pm Monbus from Samos to Santiago. I can see from the many reviews online this bus company is not reliable and treats customers terribly (denying...
Hi all! Not sure where to post this (moderators, please feel free to move to the correct section if it’s wrong here). Due to a mess up of the Dutch postal service, the parcel I sent home from...
I am catching an Alsa bus from asturias airport to Oviedo, then from Oviedo to Leon. I have bought the tickets online and was concerned about the short connection time in Oviedo. If I miss the...
Hello everyone! Due to my bad knees, I can't walk the Camino Santiago. Instead of going home, I have found that going from Albergue to Albergue to catch up with friends is the camino I have chose...
Hi all! I am currently on the Camino and running into an issue with my debit card. My bank is switching over all debit cards and deactivating the old ones. The card is being mailed to my house in...
Hello, I saw O Lagar de Jesus mentioned in a couple of threads. Looking for input about this place. It caught my eye because of the communal dinner and proximity to Padron. Some questions: 1)...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides