• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Traveling in Spain

Dorthe

Hi,
I would like info about flights, bus or train from Santiago de Compostela to Barcelona. What would be the best and cheapest way to travel? Any recommedations of sites that are in English? Is booking ahead essential in July?
Thanks Dorthe

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Dorthe -

Two sites to check out for flights are:

ryanair.com
vueling.com

They are both in English and range from base price SDC to Barcelona 28 to 40€ one way. These are BASE prices and check through them to see how much all the add-ons are.

Check out train prices at

http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

For bus timetables and prices go to

alsa.es

Best of luck with your planning.

lynne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks a lot for info. I am going to check these sites out and hopefully can plan the final stages of our journey. It's getting exciting now.
Cheers Dorthe

Hi Dorthe,

as an addition on previous posts: I have travelled with Ryanair from Santiago to Barcelona last year, and booked the flight only 5 days before departure (from an Internet pc on the Camino).

If travelling times have not changed, there is a bus from Santiago (earlyest one, maybe 7.30 I recall) that takes you to the airport (outside of Santiago), which will make more then on time for the 9.00 flight to Barcelona... (Which took me back further then I started from a month ago in only 2 hours, which was a most bizar feeling... :mrgreen: )

Buen Camino!
Martin

Most read last week in this forum

Anyone had issues flying American Airlines or Iberia (American Airlines Partner) from the states and back for there Camino 2024? I booked our flights through AA.com 7 Months ago from DFW to...
Question from an inexperienced overseas traveler: Do you purchase travel insurance along with your airline ticket purchase when it is offered or do you purchase it separately? I only need the...
Hi All, I'm so grateful for this forum! So, long story short, I'm very reliant on a particular protein powder which you can't buy in Spain. I'm planning to arrive with some at Irun, and then...
Wife and I would like to take the train from Santiago to Barcelona after our pilgrimage. Online information has been confusing. 11 hours to 6 hours? Through Madrid? Where to buy tickets. Which...
My son and I will be traveling to Madrid in late June and then subsequently starting the Camino in Leon. We arrive mid afternoon and want to stay the night in Madrid the travel by train the next...
We want to bus from los Arcos to Logroño but there doesn’t appear to be such a thing. Also, Uber doesn’t serve that area. Where should we look for a ride next? What’s blablacar?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back