• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two week trip, any suggestions

mo123

Hi, I'm just new to the forum today, and hope to begin my pilgramage in early September '13 or possibly April/May '13, to avoid the strong sun of the summer months. Can anyone suggest a route for me that could be completed in 2 weeks ( and won't be too hilly :)). I plan to travel alone, so one of the routes most travelled would be great!!
Mo

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
mo123 said:
Can anyone suggest a route for me that could be completed in 2 weeks ( and won't be too hilly :)). I plan to travel alone, so one of the routes most travelled would be great!!
Mo
Hi Mo! Welcome!

The difficult part is avoiding hills. With the time you have I'd normally recommend starting somewhere like Astorga, but that would involve a couple of climbs along the way. It depends how keen you are to avoid them!

You could walk the last part of the Camino Frances from Sarria (after which it's relatively flat) and then continue on to Finisterre and Muxia. That would take less than 2 weeks, but remember you'll have to factor in a bit of time in Santiago and obviously your travel time. I've never walked on to Finisterre/Muxia but as far as I know it's not too hilly and there will be plenty of other pilgrims around.

The only other route I have walked is the Camino Ingles from Ferrol, which is a nice walk and could also be combined with Finisterre and Muxia in the time you have. However it's quiet and you may not meet other pilgrims for several days, so I don't think it's what your looking for this time. (There's also a steep climb up to Bruma).

Spring and autumn are a good time to walk, especially spring in my opinion. :D

Search out advice on the Portugues and Del Norte routes as well. Good luck with your planning and Buen Camino!

The only flat stretch is the meseta from Burgos to Leon, and it still has some substantial hills.

Astorga to Santiago is a fairly easy two weeks. Leon to Santiago is a "normal" two weeks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks very much to both of you for your replies..I will look into all your options when I start my final planning (if such a thing exists). Hopefully I'll be a little fitter closer to the time, and I'll be running up the hills :)
Thanks again
Mo

Hi Mo welcome to the forum. An absolutely wonderful 2 week walk is from Porto in Portugal to Santiago. There is only one hill, 400m, and the walk is lovely. I walked it alone 2 years ago. Of course you could walk from Leon to Santiago too, that is a 2 week walk also. That one is more popular soYou can PM me if you want more info or go into the Portuguese Camino part of the Forum there will be lots of info there. you would meet many more pilgrims along that way.

We finished SDC to Finisterra last month and felt it was much more hilly than Sarria to SDC. I don't understand if one is walking to the ocean, how it could be up hill all the way!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back