• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Uh-oh!!

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
May 3, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
solowalk2020.travel.blog
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
When I left Madrid not even a week ago I was not even dreaming of thinking about another camino. As I have answered the "what now?" question upon arriving home, I have answered in terms of the rest of this year.
But I think I hear the Camino Levante calling.
Not sure where that came from, but I've read all the threads on it, checked out googlemaps, devoured gronze and mundicamino info and decided I should at least wait for the English edition guide to be updated;-)
Now I need to scrub my backpack (I've been waiting for a fine day) and refill it with my camino gear, ready for another time.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Mar 6, 2010
The Netherlands
Hi Rachel,
I returned home about 10 days ago after walking Valencia-Toledo. I haven't logged on for quite some time but saw your post this morning.
I will post a summery of my impressions of the Levante in the next few weeks but in short I would say: do NOT walk it alone! This is the only 3 week Camino that I have organized, started and finished with a companion and I am sure glad that I did. We saw only ONE other pilgrim during our entire walk - a 79 year old French woman from Lourdes going her 12th Camino! We only coincided for 3 days as she decided to do a 40+ km stage which we split in two!

Do not hesitate to pm if I can be of any help.
Cheers,
LT

Reactions: Kanga and wayfarer

Most read last week in this forum

I have been making my plans to start the Levante in Valencia on 01 September ,all being well. All I have read points to an isolated experience where a reasonable command of Spanish is an asset...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides