• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Video from a walkers perspective

tox

Here is a simple video reminder for us veteran pilgrims and future pilgrims of what it is like to actually walk the Camino. There are no people pictures, or accompanying music, just the quiet of the wind and my footsteps. If it's too boring, just watch the last minute when I arrive in Santiago.

Have any other people made similar video records?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z95Ribii9M
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z95Ribii9M[/youtube]

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Tox,

Great perspective!

Initially, I was listening to the beat of your feet...the indication of quick match, to half step to slow match...then back to quick march...all indicative of the gradient and surface trod.

Then, the natural sounds, the man-made sounds and, when you stopped...no sound at all.

As you walked...I just knew there was a pilgrim(s) just around the next bend in the Camino...but no; until you were within about 50km of Santiago...more villages, then...there, a pilgrim just ahead!

Closer still...more people and finally a joyous entry into the Plaza at the Cathedral to Santiago.

Thanks very much.

Arn

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Great in sight into the Camino.. I'm glad there was no music to distract me...

Many Thanks for sharing your footage.

Bryan :D

I just found this post and am delighted I did. Thanks so much, Scott, for recording & posting the video.

Pretty much all the Camino videos I've watched thus far are fun, with toe-tapping tunes and lots of scenes of smiling pilgrims hoisting beers and making meals -- not that there's anything wrong with that!

I'm (God willing) stepping off on my first Camino from SJPP on May 20, and what you've recorded is what I'm hoping to experience -- those wide-open, windswept scenes that don't show up too much in many of the more celebratory "Yay, I did it!" videos that get posted. It has been too long since I've been able to enjoy the gift of no sound but the wind in my ears and the crunch of my boots on the gravel. Thanks so much for reminding me of why I need this Camino!

Pax et bonum,

Steve

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks everyone, people have responded quite positively. It has now been seven months since I did the Camino, but the video takes me back instantly. I'm glad it does that for others as well.

Most read last week in this forum

Camino Mozarabe...a route that is not that well trodden, but is massively under estimated (in Marks humble opinion ). Mark went out to Malaga earlier this year and managed to get a walk from the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back