• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

walking from Monsterrat to Cervera and beyond

Walking stick

Time of past OR future Camino
Did Camino Frances and via Francigena from Germany to Rome
Want to do Camino Catalan
Hello! I am taking a friend to explore this Camino from Montserrat for a few days, and then later in the year plan to do the whole route. Can anyone tell me about the trail from Monsterrat? I will be traveling there in mid- april, and am wondering about the accommodations, weather etc. I am an experienced hiker/"caminoer" but my friend that I will be hiking with is not. We are planning on going from Monteserrat to Cervera on this trip. Thanks in advance for any information:)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is actually an awful lot of information in the posts on this thread, and I would urge you to look at it carefully. It is likely the best source in English on this trail, which I have walked twice (2007 and 2009), taking the variant up through Huesca to San Juan de la Pena and on to the Camino Aragonese. As the San Jaume association information tells you, there are albergues along the route, as well as inexpensive (and more expensive) accommodation. You may not see any other pilgrims along the way, so if you seek a social Camino, you're in the wrong place. However, the Catalan and Aragonese people are very helpful and hospitable, and you will have a great time. The countryside, while largely flat and bucolic -- especially in the middle-- is charming and an easy walk. Outside population centres, there are no real facilities and you should be careful of your water supplies.

Hello! I am taking a friend to explore this Camino from Montserrat for a few days, and then later in the year plan to do the whole route. Can anyone tell me about the trail from Monsterrat? I will be traveling there in mid- april, and am wondering about the accommodations, weather etc. I am an experienced hiker/"caminoer" but my friend that I will be hiking with is not. We are planning on going from Monteserrat to Cervera on this trip. Thanks in advance for any information:)

I have not walked this route, but I sure am planning to!
I did walk from the Monastery at Montserrat to the top of the mountain two years ago and saw a few yellow flechas.

What I can tell you is that the walk from Montserrat to the top of the mountain is spectacular! From there, you walk down into the valley, and then the walk appears to be fairly easy, with plenty of lodging and few pilgrims along the way. The weather in April - your guess is as good as anyone's although I'd expect plenty of sun with a few chilly days.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back