• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking from Pontedeume to Tabeaio

Abigail Kelly

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago/Fis/Muxia 2017
A Coruna/Santiago 2017
Portuguese Coastal/Variante Espiritual 2019
Hi guy's I am finally leaving in just over ten days for my Camino. I have a question I booked Pension Angelita in Tabeaio by mistake to realize there is a cancellation fee. Can anyone please tell me if it is doable to walk from Pontedeume to Tabeaio and will I walk pass Betanzos and how far from Betanzos is Tabeaio? I can't quite figure it out on the map. I am a terrible map reader anyway.

Thank you so much in advance

Abigail

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It looks from the map as though you will need to walk to Betanzos and take a taxi, then return to Betanzos next day to continue walking. The pension is not on the Camino, which passes the other side of the main road. I suggest that you download the Kindle version of the CSJ guide to the Ingles by @JohnnieWalker, or order a hard copy. Also check out gronze guide to the Ingles - this is the link to the Pontedeume-Betanzos stage.

It looks from the map as though you will need to walk to Betanzos and take a taxi, then return to Betanzos next day to continue walking. The pension is not on the Camino, which passes the other side of the main road. I suggest that you download the Kindle version of the CSJ guide to the Ingles by @JohnnieWalker, or order a hard copy. Also check out gronze guide to the Ingles - this is the link to the Pontedeume-Betanzos stage.
Thank you Tia. I think you are right. I did order the hard copy by Johnnie but find the maps a bit hard to read. I will also try the download. I am planning on not bringing any internet gadgets with me lol.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Tia. I think you are right. I did order the hard copy by Johnnie but find the maps a bit hard to read. I will also try the download. I am planning on not bringing any internet gadgets with me lol.
I just took the advice from a tread on here regarding O Meson Nova just 1.6km outside Betanzos and Antonio just got back to me. Thank you thank you.

I just took the advice from a tread on here regarding O Meson Nova just 1.6km outside Betanzos and Antonio just got back to me. Thank you thank you.
Just to note that O Meson Novo is 1.6km from Bruma which is 27.8kms from Betanzos (according to Gronze). That is why some of us split that stage in various ways, like getting picked up and returned next day by Antonio.

Just to note that O Meson Novo is 1.6km from Bruma which is 27.8kms from Betanzos (according to Gronze). That is why some of us split that stage in various ways, like getting picked up and returned next day by Antonio.
I discovered that yesterday Tia thank you. So I will stay a night in Betanzos and then walk to Bruma. It is all new to me as I just changed my route from Fin/Muxia. Can you recommend a place to stay in Betanzos? Antonio said that they have shortened the road and it is now 24km and easier.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
..... Can you recommend a place to stay in Betanzos? Antonio said that they have shortened the road and it is now 24km and easier.

If price is not a concern the the Hotel Garelos is good and pilgrim friendly. There is an albergue but we have not stayed there.
Situated down the steps from near the information office in the main plaza, then turn left past the Correos and then right again and down the road to reach the hotel.
I would suggest booking if you are sure of your dates. They are on booking.com.

The municipal albergue in Betanzos is very nice. However, if you are arriving late in the day, be aware that it does fill up. In which case, you might want to spend the extra money and reserve a hotel.

The municipal albergue in Betanzos is very nice. However, if you are arriving late in the day, be aware that it does fill up. In which case, you might want to spend the extra money and reserve a hotel.
Thank you Taijji. I will take note of that. The hotel that Tia mentioned are booked out for my date. I want to keep the cost as low as I can :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There are other suggestions on Gronze and in @JohnnieWalker 's guide. Prices can be checked with some via booking.com even if you don't actually book a room.

Thank you Taijji. I will take note of that. The hotel that Tia mentioned are booked out for my date. I want to keep the cost as low as I can :)
No need to stay in Hotels and CR, there are plenty albergues on Ingles even to make very short stages. Try to read some more threads in Ingles subforum.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! Excited first time pilgrim here, flying into A Coruña and starting in Ferrol end of May. I have a lot of questions, so any thoughts from recent experiences are welcome! - Not sure my...
I fly to A Coruña this Wednesday to start walking from Ferrol on Thursday (yes I've packed all the waterproofs 🫣)... I was planning on using the same pilgrim passport that I used on the St James'...
I'll be flying into A Coruña this Monday along with my mother and husband, and I haven't quite figured out how to catch the bus from A Coruña to Ferrol. From what I gather, one must take a bus...
Hi everyone, Planning for our first Camino is going well, we've booked flights, most of the accommodation to suit our Camino but I'm getting a little stuck when it comes to Presedo. As most of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back