1. Using iphone or iPad? Add forum icon to your home screen. Here is how to do it.
  2. New here?
    We have accumulated over 10 years of Camino Questions and Answers.
    Please Sign Up and plan your camino with us. Buen Camino! Ivar

Wall map of the entire route

Discussion in 'Camino Frances' started by Nick-E, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Nick-E

Nick-E New Member

Does anyone know where I could get a wall map showing the entire route from SJPdP to Santiago (and Finisterre & Muxia)?
    I saw several in bars and restaurants along the way so thought they would be 10 a penny in Santiago but couldn't find one, and have had no luck on the internet either.
    Many thanks
    Nick
  2. mspath

mspath Well-Known Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Frances, autumn/winter; (2004), (2005-2006), (2007), (2008), (2009), (2010), (2011), (2012), (2013) >>
    Nick,

You may be interested in this contemporary Michelin map published in 2010 of the entire route in Spain, Carte Le chemin de Compostelle (Espagne) - Carte ZOOM n°160. See this link for further information on the map and how to purchase it -- http://www.michelin-boutique.com/gu...mpostelle-espagne-carte-zoom-n160-p-1700.html.

I hope that you had a Buen Camino!

Margaret
  3. sillydoll

sillydoll Active Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    2002: 2004: 2006 VF: 2007: 2009: 2011 X 2: 2013 May:
    I bought the Michelen in St Jean Pied de Port - it is a daily stages map guide rather than a fold out wall map.
    The best wall map I have got is the Everest Mapa turistico del Camino de Santiago.
    It is a fold out map with all the roads between St jean and Fistera. The Camino Frances is highlighted in green and it has scallop shells along that road as well. You have to turn the map over as it is is in two parts - starting at Huesca and Jaca on one side to Sahagun and then the rest of the route on the other side. I have got two maps so when I have a workshop or get together I stick the two together.
    Avilable at Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Mapa-Turistico-De ... 8424102851
  4. mralisn

mralisn Active Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    SJPdP-SdC (2005), Camino Norte-Fisterra (2010), SJPdP-Muxia-Fisterra (2012), Camino Norte w/Primitivo-Muxia-Fisterra (2014)
    Hi Nick, I had seen maybe the same maps as you did in 2005 when I walked the Camino Frances. I had searched the internet after I got home, and found a site with these maps. However, the prices were very extreme.

In 2010 when I did the Camino Norte, I was determined to find the map I wanted once I arrived in SDC. Sure enough, I passed a bookstore that display exactly what I wanted. I purchased a laminated 36"x12" physical/topographical(?) map which shows several Caminos all leading to SDC. It also shows special "landmarks" of larger cities and cathedrals. I am thinking it might have cost 10-12euro. Does this sound familiar? If so, I'm open to helping you out as I hope to arrive in SDC mid-July. I could look for one for you then.

Cheers,
    Simeon
  5. miguel_gp

miguel_gp Member Donating Member

I think that they sell maps like this in the Rua do Vilar (same street as the Pilgrim's' Office). 2d and 3d. Turn left out of the office and there are a couple of shops on left hand side. I will try and check next week when I'm there.

Cheers
    Mig
  6. Nick-E

Nick-E New Member

Simeon & Miguel

Many thanks for your replies and very kind offers to help.
    I found the shop near the Pilgrims Office in SDC, but only remember seeing the 3D topographical maps that aren't really what I am looking for.
    I don't remember seeing any 2D maps, but Miguel if there are, I would be interested if you are able to bring one back to the UK? I see that we both live in Hampshire so I'm sure I could arrange to collect it if you were able to get one.

Buen camino!

Nick
  7. falcon269

falcon269 No commercial interests Donating Member