Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wearing shorts?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Shorts or Pants

In South Africa - which used to be a British Colony - pants are underwear.
In the US - shorts are usually underwear.
In South Africa, a 'Fanny bag' is a 'Bum Bag' because the other word is ..... well, we won't there.
So from an English/South African point of view, I always wear pants under my shorts as well as under my trousers and I carry a 'bum bag' or 'moon bag' around my waist.
Makes sense huh?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

We often read that Merino clothing does not smell as much with use, compared to other fabrics. Since my first Camino 9 years ago, I have always worn very lightweight (120 gsm) Merino shirts (by...
So, whatcha all buying? The sale and coupons are burning a hole in my pocket but I can’t decide what I want/need.
Hi all ... I have known for years that Goretex doesn't breathe when it is high humidity (or raining) .. noted because of how damp I would always become inside, as my sweat vapour turned back to...
We fly out in 4 days. I’ve tried major branded socks, three brands, and can’t wear wool. It feels hot and makes my feet hurt for three or four days after. Walking in cotton blend toe socks.. I...
Laundry Masher - Hmmm... on one hand may come very handy. on the other not sure we'll be able to make it through the plane security with that Grenade-looking contraption
This company has helped people with foot problems for many a long year.. A human story still connects, doesn't it?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.