• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where are all the forum members?

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Caminos: 2009 SJPP, 2011 Roncessvalle , 2012 Pamploma, 2013 Roncessvalle, 2013 Porto, 2014 Burgos, 2014 Porto

Future: Roncessvalle
I have been on my camino since June 1st and have not seen another forum member? Are we a rare breed ?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I met 2 forum members on the Camino Frances.
One, taking a rest in a cafe, said something curious that suggested she was a forum member. I confirmed it with her.

The other one was a hospitalero in Castrojerez. She saw "David from Canada" in the registration book and came into the dormitory looking for me.

They both felt like long lost friends.
A high light of the day.

David, Victoria, Canada.

Susanna1954 said:
Why should it be forummembers? My experience is that you ever ever meet people on the way.

I did not say that I have met nobody !!!!!!

I met 2 forum members at the beginning of my last Camino---one was a hospitalera at L'Espirit du Chemin, the other was a young woman from the Netherlands who walked with me for a few days. In the middle of my trip, I met up with a couple of Canadian guys, one of whom referred to me as "one of those 'FORUM' people." Then, in Santiago, I bumped into AnnieSantiago in the bar that was next to Ivar's Travel Centre---recognized her by the patch on her back pack. :D

On my other 2 trips, I didn't encounter anyone from the Forum.

So we are out there.....just scattered all over the place, like buried treasure, waiting to be found.

Kelly

A selection of Camino Jewellery
hola
I've postponed my camino until Mar/ Apr/May '12... due to changed work commitments; but am thinking of spending some time on the Francigena too and still will 'warm-up' first on Japikspad and Pelgrimspad to Maastricht in NL
happy trails all - back to the 9-5
Peter

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Once again, I'll be on the Camino walking from Ponferrada on July 4 with four other pilgrims. Rebekah, too bad I'm not walking the other way or I'd stop in.
Peace on your way.
Sue

I'll watch out for the forum member patch on your packs!

I should be at around ponferada at about the same time

Which camino do you mean?

And unless forum pilgs wear a badge, then you're unlikely to know. Do you wear one?

I too am always on a camino...

If in a bar you call out 'A beer for all forum members', you'll meet many who'll step up.

Buen camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have called that out but nobody has bought me a beer or a cevesa or a beir.

9000 members
25% active bloggers = 2250
10% have badges = 225
10 possible routes = 22.5 pilgrims per route
12 months = 1.8 member pilgrims per month on any given route
50% is the number of members displaying a recent and recognizable photo of themselves = 0.9 pligr
50% is the number of pilgrims not calling themselves silly names = 0.45 pligrims
so if you see 0.45 of a pilgrim passing by.....
member pilgrims actually wearing their badges when you happen to look up from your beer
its a frikken miracle that anybody recognises anybody
ps maths wasnt my strongest suite

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I wore my badge last September on the CP. No-one recognised me, and I didn't see any other badges either. :cry:

hi all and hi tamtamplin,

love your maths!!

Completely agree about the miracle of actually knowing, let alone recognising anyone on the way from the forum. Maybe the forum is the "way" precursor and another community in it's own right. I know i have enjoyed the support, information and encouragement from members who i will probably never meet in a physical form., and yet they feel a part of my life.

I'm heading off on the 6th September from St. Jean and as yet i don't even have a badge!
kind regards juju

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Caminando said:
ffp13 said:
I have called that out but nobody has bought me a beer or a cevesa or a beir.

That's cos you didnt wear your badge which you have not got!

503acd2f-6fc1-5b99.jpg

Eat your words
I will accept your apology :)

I promise if I see a forum member badge I will by the owner a beer! So far I have been regularly tricked into buying beers or wine for the same forum member almost every night and even on occasions in the afternoon. I believe that he is developing a camino habit which he cannot sustain back home in Oz.

If you are within 300k of Santiago in the next two weeks you in with a good chance, about 0.45%

this is a true story.....
i stepped off the trail in Salamanca
to mingle with the gorgeous 22 year old students
despite wearing crocs and smelling like i d been 20 days on the road
and booked 2 nites in a modest hostal no more than 50m from the cathedral
as i was checking in, the door next to mine shot open, and a head popped out
"hello, you must be tamtamplin from the forum - i m WayWarrior 22 G, also from the forum - i m late - OK bye now"
and that was it
my 0.45 of a pilgrim miracle
names have been changed to protect the innocent

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Arrived at Santiago today, 7 weeks on the way and not another forum member to be seen, tomorrow I depart to finisterre I will predict a similar outcome !

Congratulations and completing another Camino. It is unfortunate that you did not meet any other forum members on your Way. However, I do hope you met several other individuals that brought you enjoyment and made your Way better.

Maybe the people you met will become members of the forum and contribute to the Camino Family.

ffp13 said:
Arrived at Santiago today, 7 weeks on the way and not another forum member to be seen, tomorrow I depart to finisterre I will predict a similar outcome !

I arrived this morning. I don't wear a badge. I do drink beer

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My badge is on my backpack :) I met many nice pylgrims, just no forum members

I'm leaving from Le Puy on August 20th and I have a Pilgrim Forum Member patch for my backpack. Not expected but would be nice to meet other forum members on the Camino.

Geoff

To date, and I have walked every year since 2007, I have never seen a Forum badge on a backpack. I don't have one either, bit I do sport a badge which says "Costa Rica Pura Vida" with 2 dolphins embroidered on it! In fact, that worked, when a Costa Rican lady biker in Hornillos, saw my badge and shouted out "Hola Costa Rica"! Anne

A selection of Camino Jewellery
if you stop over at Casa Anita's albergue on the vdlp
on the way out of Bercianos de Valverde
you might see the Forum badge
as well as the Confraternity of St James South Africa badge
that i donated to their bar as a momento
when they became too heavy to carry

are you still on the Francigena

AJ said:
I am on the Via Francigena. Rare? Au point:

Hello AJ

So are you still on the VF
where abouts are you

I am curious will start from Siena in Sept....so have a keen interest.

cheers...

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.