• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay (currently) in Manzanares

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Hi. I'm considering walking the Madrid again this Spring.

Does anyone have CURRENT information on lodging in Manzanares?
(or any other stops for that matter - who has recently walked?)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Annie - the latest information I have from a few weeks ago is that the Albergue is closed. The pilgrims who wrote to me suggested :

Hotel Parque Real (€€)
Calle Padre Damián, 4
28410 Manzanares el Real
Tele: 918 539 912
No breakfast, paid €55 in June for twin room; had to call hotel on arrival as seems closed during the day
Hostal El Yelmo (€)
Avenida de la Pedriza, 65-67
28410 Manzanares el Real
Tele: 918 530 655

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Annie - the latest information I have from a few weeks ago is that the Albergue is closed. The pilgrims who wrote to me suggested :

Hotel Parque Real (€€)
Calle Padre Damián, 4
28410 Manzanares el Real
Tele: 918 539 912
No breakfast, paid €55 in June for twin room; had to call hotel on arrival as seems closed during the day
Hostal El Yelmo (€)
Avenida de la Pedriza, 65-67
28410 Manzanares el Real
Tele: 918 530 655

I stayed at Hostal El Yelmo the first time I walked this route and it was very nice. The food was good too. It's a bit off the beaten path, but ask, and they'll tell you the shortcut back to the Camino.

I was hoping to find something less expensive. Thanks for the info on Parque Real.

Also, those who are walking and looking for something in Colmenar Viejo, booking.com showed Hotel Chiscon as being full, but when I wrote them directly, I got a room.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Annie, I'll be walking the route in ten days from now + will happily share news of my stops along the way. James
Hi James I'm walking this route next April and look forward to your blog about accommodation
Cheers

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Also planning to walk that time! Want to leave SJPDP 3 or 4 April 2017.
Hi, Jaco,
If you wanted to start in SJPdP that would put you on Camino Frances, whereas this thread is about accommodation possibilities in Manzanares which is on Camino de Madrid.
Anyway I wish you Buen Camino ;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Annie,
I stayed in Manzanares el Real on 3 October and struck a bit of a blip there finding accommodation. I was told by locals that Hotel Parque Real was closed but that you could ring the owner/manager for a room. However, he/she was away on holiday at that time. I don't know about Hostel El Yelmo - I didn't pursue it as I was quite foot-weary at the time and put off by its location ie a bit further out of town and off the Camino. I ended up in a Casa Rural Residencia La Pedriza, which was fairly pricey at 50 euros, but was close to town for seeking dinner and food for the next day, plus was very close to the Camino leaving town.
One option I did consider for this town when planning my Camino (but didn't pursue) was Air BnB - there were at least a couple of rooms offered on this in the town. Could be a possibility.
The town itself is pleasant - helpful bar owners/policemen, and a good sized supermarket.

I walked the Camino de Madrid as far as Villeguillo. My other stays were:
2 Oct Tres Cantos - Hotel VP Tres Cantos - 45 euros, comfortable, very helpful receptionists, have a restaurant that does breakfast starting at 7 am
4 Oct Cercedilla - Hostal La Maya - 36 euros - good
5 Oct - Segovia - Hostal Juan Bravo - 35 euros - good
6 Oct - Ane - albergue (free) - converted school house - basic but clean and quite adequate. Seriously quiet! Didn't see a bar or tienda in the village, although the albergue has a new kitchen bench with microwave.
7 Oct - Nava de la Asuncion - albergue (5 euros) in the polideportivo, note pilgrims are now required to ring a hospitalero rather than pick up the key from Margarita at the bakery. A very warm welcome and quite adequate facilities.
8 Oct Here I headed off to the Camino de Levante via Villeguillo and Olmedo...

Hope this is useful.

Elizabeth

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back