• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Which route between Caminha and Tui?

senora1

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the original route. Any thoughts? Obrigada!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I walked the river ecopista and split it in two days staying in Vila Nova de Cerveira (got a stamp at the library 😍 ). It was a lovely walk. A lot of shade and nice totally flat path. But boring, and nothing open along the route. I was even contemplating renting a bike and biking Caminha to Tui :p

I took the river walk last October and didn’t regret it at all. It’s some 30km without albergues, so it’s a longer stretch than usually. October was very hot and the river side provided a relief with cooler breezes.
It’s a flat route in contrast to the regular way. Also, there are more bikers.
I’d recommend it (and so does the “orange bible”).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Also walked the river route last August - it was very hot. Stopped twice at bars along the route, so no problems. Can read more here:

I walked the original route from Caminha to Valenca in fall 2022 and loved it. I actually stayed Sao Pedro da Torre (Alvorada Medieval is an awesome albergue) which is a few km before Valenca. I stopped at Vila Nova de Cerveira for lunch so it is well supported. But it was a quiet walk and I totally enjoyed it. One other alternative is to paddle a canoe up the River Minha, which you can arrange in Caminha. I talked to one gal who did it and she enjoyed it but had very sore upper body muscles:)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I walked the original route from Caminha to Valenca in fall 2022 and loved it. I actually stayed Sao Pedro da Torre (Alvorada Medieval is an awesome albergue) which is a few km before Valenca. I stopped at Vila Nova de Cerveira for lunch so it is well supported. But it was a quiet walk and I totally enjoyed it. One other alternative is to paddle a canoe up the River Minha, which you can arrange in Caminha. I talked to one gal who did it and she enjoyed it but had very sore upper body muscles:)
What an option! I know my feet will be sore by the time I reach SdC, don’t know if I want the rest of my body that way as well 🤣

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back