Who's counting…

Frankybaby66

May 1, 2021
Nottingham
Time of past OR future Camino
Last Camino Sep 23 Camino Portuguese (Central)
Hello pilgrim community 😁

Call me crazy…but whose counting!!! 🤪

View attachment 163798

Anyone want to share how many days before your camino and what is exciting you the most about your impending walk?

Sitting here sipping my morning coffee and had a good laugh…with myself. My walk may be far away but the joy of planning and working out the details fills me up during this oh so dreary winter in the Ottawa area. I feel like I’ve never left the Camino and I’ve been back almost 9 months from my first adventure on the Frances.

Anyone here feeling the same? 🌻
Mot sure which is the most fun; spending hours at home formulating plans for a Camino . . Or ripping them up when I get there . . . 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Dani7
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Dani7

Stop wishing, start doing.
Jul 14, 2017
Ontario, Canada
CF 2023 from Bayonne.
Camino Podiensis & CF 2026
First Camino. Le Puy, starting Sept 1. only going to SJPP. trying not to over plan, because that is what I ALWAYS do. I feel I am being challenged to 'let it go.. let it go' Not my norm.
Oh boy 🤪 now I have the the ´Let it go’ song it my head from the movie Frozen 🤣😵‍💫. Buen Camino 🌻

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Dani7

Jul 14, 2017
Ontario, Canada
CF 2023 from Bayonne.
Good morning Dani, Happy Eastern to you and your family!
Just wanted to let you know, my count down is finished :)
Tomorrow I am off :)
Oh man I am just now seeing this. Buentastic camino Maurice. I am so happy for you and the adventure you are now having. Fingers crossed that you will ket us know how you are doing.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Dani7

Jul 14, 2017
Ontario, Canada
CF 2023 from Bayonne.
Hello friends! The day has arrived! Tomorrow morning our Camino Portugués starts!

View attachment 167573
Experiencing your joy and excitement. Buen camino. May the weather be favorable ans your hearts and minds filled to the brim with wonderful, unforgettable moments. 💖

Bill905

Pilgrim
Oct 29, 2016
Canada
CF 2019
CP 2022
VP Pt 1 2022
VP Pt 2 2023
It is done, and now it is part of our shared story. Completed the CP with my second granddaughter (17 y.o.), and I swear the smile of pure joy never left her face! A fantastic Camino of relationship and shared discovery. Photo 1: Sé Cathedral; Photo 2: Barosa Falls near Caldas de Reis; Photo 3: Soaking our feet in the Caldas de Reis; Photo 4: Obradoiro Square celebration. Photo5: Grandad with his two Peregrina granddaughters in London a couple of weeks ago.

PXL_20240407_115009971.jpgPXL_20240416_091443566.jpgPXL_20240416_143827951.jpgPXL_20240419_144031416.jpgPXL_20240424_163228077.jpg

Reactions: Anthony Rocco

Dani7

Jul 14, 2017
Ontario, Canada
CF 2023 from Bayonne.
It is done, and now it is part of our shared story. Completed the CP with my second granddaughter (17 y.o.), and I swear the smile of pure joy never left her face! A fantastic Camino of relationship and shared discovery. Photo 1: Sé Cathedral; Photo 2: Barosa Falls near Caldas de Reis; Photo 3: Soaking our feet in the Caldas de Reis; Photo 4: Obradoiro Square celebration. Photo5: Grandad with his two Peregrina granddaughters in London a couple of weeks ago.

View attachment 169972View attachment 169973View attachment 169974View attachment 169975View attachment 169976
Wow. How kind and lovely of you to share your joy with us. You are one lucky grandfather as I am sure your granddaughter is in sharing this memorable experience with you. Thank you so much 😊💕 PS the pictures say it all 🙏

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

senora1

Jun 28, 2012
Hello pilgrim community 😁

Call me crazy…but whose counting!!! 🤪

View attachment 163798

Anyone want to share how many days before your camino and what is exciting you the most about your impending walk?

Sitting here sipping my morning coffee and had a good laugh…with myself. My walk may be far away but the joy of planning and working out the details fills me up during this oh so dreary winter in the Ottawa area. I feel like I’ve never left the Camino and I’ve been back almost 9 months from my first adventure on the Frances.

Anyone here feeling the same? 🌻
I probably have everyone beat, leaving my house in 10 hours, my first flight LAXLHR is in 18 hours, then from there onto Portugal. Planning to start 5/14. Ultreia!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Dani7

Jul 14, 2017
Ontario, Canada
CF 2023 from Bayonne.
Totally late to this thread but I am certainly counting! 13 days to Paris, 15 days to Le Puy, 17 days till I start walking. And then hopefully Santiago,60-70 days later!
Two caminos in one. Way to go. Wishing you an amazing experience 🙌😊

Reactions: Mananath

Most read last week in this forum

I am very interested in walking from Le Puy to St. Jean in July. I've completed several other Caminos, so I am afraid I'm a little too casual with my prep for this one. I going to spend the next...
Hi, newish pilgrim here, 20, Irish, I completed the Ingles last year and absolutely loved it, and am now setting off on le Chemin du Puy + el Camino Frances on Wednesday. I need to receive a...
Hi, Can anybody recommend a Gite in Gramat? There seem to be a good number of places to stay, but I would like something near the GR if that's possible. A place oriented toward walkers would be...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides