Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetzrah

Jul 28, 2023
USA
Time of past OR future Camino
July 20th
Hello,

Starting yesterday I began experiencing extremely bloody nose bleeds that come on all of a sudden. I was just sitting under a bush when my nose started spilling large drops of blood yesterday, until it was all over my hands and pants and face. It was kind of funny checking into my hostel because they seemed concerned. It then happed last night and again this morning- is there any common reason this could be happening? I noticed my nose is usually plugged all night.

Thanks!

Attachments

• FC4584AA-704E-4C0B-932B-EA9F34EF10D3.jpeg
    FC4584AA-704E-4C0B-932B-EA9F34EF10D3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,518
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

DoughnutANZ

Ka whati te tai ka kai te tōreapango
Apr 16, 2019
Tamaki Makaurau Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand
2019, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027 & 2028.
Hello,

Starting yesterday I began experiencing extremely bloody nose bleeds that come on all of a sudden. I was just sitting under a bush when my nose started spilling large drops of blood yesterday, until it was all over my hands and pants and face. It was kind of funny checking into my hostel because they seemed concerned. It then happed last night and again this morning- is there any common reason this could be happening? I noticed my nose is usually plugged all night.

Thanks!
I have a long history of nose bleeds. Situations like very dry environments such as in an aircraft or lots of nose breathing.

Anyway, that is me and not you. If it continues and is unusual for you then please see a doctor.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Vetzrah

Jul 28, 2023
USA
July 20th
Yeah, that makes sense.. I live in a temperate rainforest at home so it’s a lot dryer here. I don’t know why it would come on after 7 days of being here though

Barbara

Veteran Member
Dec 5, 2005
France
Since 2000 French and Spanish, bikes and walking
Hello,

Thanks!
I really don't know, but this is probably not the place to ask. There are health centres (Centro de Salud) in many places in Spain, which I assume is where you are. If you go to one of these you can ask a medical professional. If you have a European Health Insurance Card you will be treated as if you were Spanish. If not it will still be free or very cheap.
Even if you don't speak Spanish it should be fairly obvious why you are there if you walk in dripping blood.
Whilst it may well be trivial it's probably a good idea to get it looked at. By a real doctor, not doctor Google

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

DoughnutANZ

Ka whati te tai ka kai te tōreapango
Apr 16, 2019
Tamaki Makaurau Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand
2019, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027 & 2028.
I noticed my nose is usually plugged all night.
Some of the places that I stayed in were a bit musty. I use an antihistamine nasal spray before going to sleep to get rid of the stuffed nose in the morning. This may be related to your blood noses but please don't use the nasal spray to medicate your blood noses.

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
some and then more. see my signature.
Yeah, that makes sense.. I live in a temperate rainforest at home so it’s a lot dryer here. I don’t know why it would come on after 7 days of being here though

I read you were in Estella on Friday.So I guess you are around Logroño , Najera or Santo Domingo de la Calzada.

Excellent places to see a clinic or a centro de salud tomorrow!
Really you should take the time for a visit.

Or futher on in Belorado.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
some and then more. see my signature.
I am no doctor but have experienced that due to the usage of a CPAP mask..the insides of the nose become very dry…and the way to prevent that is using Vaseline type of product.

This might be perfectly safe for your condition but please we should be very careful giving advice when using a certain product/medication.

IMO the only way to find some answers is for @Vetzrah to go to a health professional.

Pathfinder075

Apr 21, 2015
Sheffield, UK
Various Routes in (2016), (2017) and (2023).
It can be caused by many things, but if you don't have a history of whatever is afflicting you and if it is serious in nature (chest pains, drooping face, broken limbs, severe pain, blood loss, etc) then it's time to seek the services of a professional that can advise you or treat you better than a bunch of people on a bulletin board.

Good luck. ;)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

El Cascayal

Veteran Member
Feb 9, 2019
Miami
23:Valença Var Espiritual Apr; Norte Cudillero Oct
the insides of the nose become very dry…and the way to prevent that is using Vaseline type of product.
Not a good idea. This is how lipids get deposited at the base of your lungs 🫁. Saline drops if you need them.

Reactions: OzAnnie and K_Lynn

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Jul 5, 2014
Netherlands
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hello,

Thanks!
Hi, the only thing you should do is seeing a doctor.
Take care 🙏

Scott Sweeney

Veteran Member
Jun 19, 2014
Fredericksburg, Va.
Hello,

Thanks!
Not a doctor but it could be a blood pressure issue or excessive heat will cause it. I would be checked out.

Reactions: Bert45
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

C clearly

Staff member
Jan 28, 2007
BC, Canada
Most years since 2012
We can have lay persons' conversations about medical conditions, and some "common sense" suggestions here on the forum. However the title question is asking for a diagnosis, and should be asked of a doctor. Further responses would seem to go beyond that, so I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I wasn’t sure where to post this so mods feel free to move it. This year I’ve had more than one person in my group complain because the pork they ordered was “raw” and they have sent it back to...
[Moderators, feel free to move this if I posted in the wrong place.] What does it take to be able to walk a Camino after a heart problem? I guess I will see for myself. Tomorrow morning I am...
I am about three weeks out on the Norte averaging close to 30 to 35 kms and at this point aside from blisters, I haven’t had a lot of physical issues. I have one week left with a flight booked...
There's always somebody posting about dropping out, or taking a break because they're injured, myself included. There seems to have been a few more than usual just lately, although perhaps that's...
I've just returned from the San Salvador/Primitivo and have got Giardia from drinking untreated Water. I filled a bottle in Tineo as the Bar owner said it was good water/better than his Tap. There...
Hello my name is Brenda. I walked the Portuguese Way the past 2 years. This year I am in Santiago establishing. daily English speaking AA meeting. We meet daily 6 pm Casa Anglicana 3 Rua da Porta...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.