Will we find Santiago de Compostela?

Belinda Keen

Nov 24, 2015
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago from Leon 2015
Oi, tudo bem. We are walking from Porto to SdC in October. A combination of the coastal and littoral ways. I have bought Brierley's coastal guide but there is only a basic map for each section. My question is... are these caminos well marked, will we end up in SdC by finding and following the way marks or do we need some additional help? Maybe wikiloc? Obrigada Belinda

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

martyndeh

Aug 20, 2014
yorkshire england
Camino Ingles 2013, 2014 Camino portugese 2015,2016
Camino fisterra 2017
Oi, tudo bem. We are walking from Porto to SdC in October. A combination of the coastal and littoral ways. I have bought Brierley's coastal guide but there is only a basic map for each section. My question is... are these caminos well marked, will we end up in SdC by finding and following the way marks or do we need some additional help? Maybe wikiloc? Obrigada Belinda
I did the walk inland and it was excellently marked all the way but I started in Corgo about 15km from barcelos. No trouble going to sdc buen camino

chericherry

Jan 9, 2015
Camino Frances June - July (2015)
We are just now in Barcelos after starting the coastal route from Porto. A warning: it is extremely windy as in gusty windy so October could be cold. And the boardwalk is very hard on your feet. It's an relatively flat walk but hard surface. We changed our itinerary after 1 day of coastal route and moved inland. We were happy with the change. Lots and lots of cobblestone bit better than being blown off the route.
Good luck and Bom Caminho!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Oct 15, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
egeria.house
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/

As long as you stay on one of the sign posted routes, there is no way you will miss Santiago! Bon Camiño, SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Stripey Socks

Jan 22, 2014
Australia
www.lifeonebigadventure.com
I walked the Coastal from Porto to Caminha and then up the river to Valenca/Tui in late May. The waymarking is good but there are a few spots where the arrows disappear. Not a major drama but still a bit confusing. I used the interactive maps on www.caminador.es and they provided excellent reassurance about where the route was taking me or which direction I should head to reconnect with the way. The arrows take you away from the coast but the maps also show a path very close to the coast.
All the best
Mel

Sheena

Oct 28, 2015
Ireland
C de F (2015), P.Coastal (2016), CamIngles (2017), Senda Littoral (2018), CP Lisbon - Coimbra (2019)
We found the route quite well signposted this June but you could also download the maps produced by Luis Freixo. He has maps for both the inland and coastal route. You will find many links to him on this website. His maps are more detailed than Brierleys and are great in combination with each other. Wishing you well. Sheena

JoanneK

Nov 1, 2013
Sydney
Frances Part in April 2011
Frances April 2014
Camino Portuguese (Oct 2015)
We walked from Lisbon last year. Once we go to Porto we decided to hug the coastline as much as possible doingthe litoral. We only had Brierley and were a bit anxious. Google maps were a great help where we had uncertainty and we visited the tourist info places in each large town we came to. They were exceptionally helpful and gave us useful maps. Brierley didn't cover a lot of where we walked. If you PM me i can send you our list of accommodation. Or you might likecto check my blog which shows where we went and the distances. Click on the Camino tab. www.travelwithjoanne.com From Porto was just the best. Buen Camino Joanne

Reactions: sysilia_t
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Belinda Keen

Nov 24, 2015
Camino de Santiago from Leon 2015
I walked the Coastal from Porto to Caminha and then up the river to Valenca/Tui in late May. The waymarking is good but there are a few spots where the arrows disappear. Not a major drama but still a bit confusing. I used the interactive maps on www.caminador.es and they provided excellent reassurance about where the route was taking me or which direction I should head to reconnect with the way. The arrows take you away from the coast but the maps also show a path very close to the coast.
All the best
Mel
Thanks Mel, I will download and print the caminador.es maps.
We live in a very very small world... not long ago a work friend, Sonia Muir, was telling me she had had lunch with a friend from Mudgee who had just completed the Portuguese... this morning I was reading your blog and you mentioned you live in Mudgee (for some reason I initially thought you were a Brit)... yes you are one in the same.

Most read last week in this forum

We will be taking the boat from Vilanova de Arousa at 8am and getting into Padron late morning. Our questions to the Forum - do we push on into SDC or stay the afternoon/night in Padron? Is Padron...
Looking for Metro advice on skipping the Porto urban area and heading straight into the littoral beach way. Someone mentioned going straight to Matosinhos or the one before it. What Metro lines...
Hi Doing my first Camino on 1st June. Flying out to Porto next Thursday and just wondering what the weather is like on the Camino at the moment. I have been looking at accu weather etc but wanted...
I’m planning to do over 12 days and want 2 rest days built in. What would be good recommendations to stay for a days rest/recover between Porto and Santiago? I was thinking on days 5 and 9 walking...
Hello, I have just picked up my pilgrim passport in Porto. Inside it says I need atleast 2 stamps a day. I thought that wasn’t necessary until the last 100km? Did anything change?
We are planning to start walking from Porto on September 18th. Would like to walk coastal route for 2 days and then switch to the Principal Way. Any advice?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides