Jan 2, 2009
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
Today we arrived in Riego del Camino and are staying at Casa Camino. The three hospitaleros, Sandra, Sara and Bea, provided us with lunch, tapas, dinner and breakfast in a beautifully restored building. All for donativo.
This place is exceptional and the girls will feed you even if you wish to stay at the albergue. They also offer drinks and food for those continuing on to Granja de Moruela.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

alansykes

Veteran Member
Aug 29, 2010
Cumbria, UK
Except the Francés
Today we arrived in Riego del Camino and are staying at Casa Camino. The three hospitaleros, Sandra, Sara and Bea, provided us with lunch, tapas, dinner and breakfast in a beautifully restored building. All for donativo.
This place is exceptional and the girls will feed you even if you wish to stay at the albergue. They also offer drinks and food for those continuing on to Granja de Moruela.
That sounds wonderful. My previous visits to Riego del Camino have not been that pleasant, with a bar that really didn't appeal, so both times I went on to Granja de M. But Riejo del Camino is almost exactly half way between Zamora and Tábara. So I hope to stop there next time I pass. Thanks for the tip.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

amancio

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2007
Durcal, Granada
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
Indeed great news, I was considering it as good place to stop, now I am sure I will definitely go for it! Zamora-Riego del Camino it shall be, gracias!!!

Kevin Considine

May 4, 2015
Anywhere and Everywhere
www.thesenioradventurer.com
Thank you. I am just on day 2 but will hope to stay there or at least stop.

george.g

Jun 28, 2010
Bolton UK
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
Hi Sharon,
Perhaps you could post some details, most of us on the VdeLP know about Riego, it's well known for the condition of the bar on the main road, the landlady shouted at me last year because I bought a beer and drank it in the bus shelter just down the road.
Regards
George

A selection of Camino Jewellery

MileHighPair

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado, USA
Many, many Caminos, mostly past maybe some future.
Here is a website for Casa Camino in Riego del Camino:

http://casacaminoriego.weebly.com/

The spreadsheet on this forum lists the distances to be about 34 km from Zamora and then 32 more on to Tabara the next day, so if you are OK with these distances it looks good.

Reactions: sharon w

sharon w

Jan 2, 2009
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
Great to read these replies. The man at the bar yelled at us when we said we were going to Casa Camino! The girls who run Casa Camino are committed to looking after pilgrims. The food is delicious.
They transported my brother-in-law to Tabara to see the doctor about his blisters. Also, translated for him at the doctor's.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
D

Deleted member 12253

Book ahead as they only have 4/5 beds. Best o camino

Reactions: MileHighPair
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2015
Canada
Frances; Aragones; VdlP; Madrid-Invierno; Levante
I stayed there last fall and was their last pilgrim guest. But watch this space, a member of this forum has been interested in reopening the albergue. The challenge is that the owner of the building wanted to sell it, so it had to close. As I understand it, he did not get his desired price in the first year after closure, so maybe there will be a possibility of it being available at a reasonable price to someone wishing to reopen.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I stayed there last fall and was their last pilgrim guest. But watch this space, a member of this forum has been interested in reopening the albergue. The challenge is that the owner of the building wanted to sell it, so it had to close. As I understand it, he did not get his desired price in the first year after closure, so maybe there will be a possibility of it being available at a reasonable price to someone wishing to reopen.
The owner is also forum member (as is potential buyer) and he posted that until the selling is done the premises are functioning in accepting pilgrims. Maybe something has changed since then..., don't know.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I completed the Sanabres Camino a week ago after having started in Rionegro del Puente. I am a forum member who enjoys the downhills as my knees have always been strong. The uphills wear me out...
Does Salamanca to Cuba del Vino (stage 20) involve 20km on tarmac, on the N-630? Or does the Camino run as a separate track, alongside (not on!) the asphalted road, and this more comfortable for...
Hi All, Greetings from the VdlP. We are a small bunch about 12 to 15 peregrine and some people biking. We're a friendly lot getting to know each other well. Most people here have walked...
Hi, it's not on Gronze, but it is on the Salamanca Tourist Office website. Tried ringing the number given, but no answer. Sent a message to the tourist office, but no reply...is the albuerge...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides