• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

507 pilgrims on the Inglés in March?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Maybe with Easter being in March this had an impact on the numbers?

Last edited:
I am also assuming it was because Easter was in March this year. I walked this route the first week in March and only saw one other pilgrim near Presedo. Everywhere was really quiet but I have walked other years at Semana Santa when it was busier.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Maybe with Easter being in March this had an impact on the numbers?

Oh, of course, Easter. That probably explains it. Thanks, jirit. And I suppose the fact that the Cathedral has announced that 2016 is a special "Holy Year of Mercy", as Waka mentioned, is also responsible for some increase.

My wife walked the Ingles last week. She found it very quiet. Largest number in any albergue overnight was 5. Couple of nights by herself. Met few people walking during the day either.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, we have just returned from walking the Ingles during Holy Week and confirm that it was very busy! Mainly young Spanish but also a few families. Most it seems were trying to reach Santiago for Easter Sunday. Fortunately we were in no such rush and arrived at the cathedral on the Monday. We stayed in the Pontedueme Albergue but there was no room so we had to sleep on the floor in sleeping bags. The following day in order to find a bed we got to the Mino Albergue early - it was a good job we did as soon after it was all full. From then on we took no chances and stayed in hotels! Speaking to bar owners and hoteliers along the route the all said that the numbers had greatly increased.

My wife walked the Ingles last week. She found it very quiet. Largest number in any albergue overnight was 5. Couple of nights by herself. Met few people walking during the day either.
Wow - that was certainly not our experience!

Most read last week in this forum