• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A Hard Fall/Amazing Kindness Follow Up Part Two

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept-Oct 2016/July 2018/Sept-Oct 2022
Hello! I hope you are all doing well.
Here is my next and probably final update to my dramatic post going back to July.
My ACL replacement surgery on September 4th went very well. Today I walked five miles without a brace and my doctor is pleased. It has been painful, maddening, patience-inducing, and nostalgic all at the same time. When looking at Camino pictures from Leon to Ponferrada, I remember being whole and that squeezes my heart.
All of that being said, people have been amazing. I am healing because of other pilgrims, great words of encouragement, and lots of gifts of food.
I'll be back in Spain along the Camino in 2020 with my doctors' blessings.
Again ... and again ... and again ... many, many humble thanks to Vincent and his wife from Spain & Jose and Roseanne from New Jersey who helped me down the hills in a thunderstorm above Ponferrada on July 11th.
Rambling done!
Many thanks for this Forum, too ... what a gift.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
So glad to know you are healing and are still 'on The Way' , just by a longer route

We are waiting for you! Hoping you get well and are able to walk again soon.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
FChristopher1 thank you so much for the update! I read your first post after your fall and have been thinking of you and wondering how you are faring. Keep up the good work with your walking and following your doctor's advice. Your continuing Camino will come around before you know it and of course you can come back to this Forum as many times as you like to keep you connected! Ultreia!

Most read last week in this forum