• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Accommodation Barcelona and Pamplona

eano

Hello All
I am looking for recommendations for basic clean and not very expensive accommodation in Barcelona and Pamplona. I will arrive in Barcelona early May and am looking for 1 nights accommodation near the airport. Next morning bus/train to Pamplona and would like a couple of nights there. Preferably somewhere fairly central so I can be Terry Tourist for a couple of days before heading off along the Camino. Before flying home to Australia I hope to have 2 or 3 days in Barcelona and this time would like central accommodation. Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

Perhaps I will meet some of you along the way ...... Hope so.
Buen Camino
Debbie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have stayed here a couple of times, and found it reasonably priced and satisfactory:

Hostal Bearan Pamplona‎
Plaza San Nicolás, 25
31001 Pamplona, Navarra, Navarra, Spain
948 22 34 28
hostalbearan.es‎

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Eslava in Pamplona in 2009. It is currently in the 42 Euro for single room price range, but that includes a VERY nice buffet breakfast. It is nicely situated for leaving, so that you don't have a lot of city walking the day you start. But it is still very close to everything Pamplona has to offer.

http://www.hotel-eslava.com/ENG/index.php

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Falcon and Sheesh. I will follow up both of those recommendations. Just need to sort something in Barcelona now.
Debbie

Try http://www.booking.com for Barcelona accomodation.
You can take a bus from the airport to the center of Barcelona for about 6 euros.
The buses run about every 20 minutes outside the airport exit.
Ask someone in Kelly Green where to go...

In Pamplona, we love Pension Sarasate. Jose is a sweet man, and the pension is very conveniently located.

Also, if you are a pilgrim, I love Paderborn (if it's still up and running after being flooded!)

Thanks Annie.... That has given me a great start re sorting Barcelona. Kelly Green doesn't sound like a Spanish location so I guess there must be various people wearing Kelly Green! Paderborn looks lovely and I do hope they have managed to recover from the flooding.
Debbie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum