This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Accommodation in Águeda

Via Lusitana

Jun 28, 2010
Fellow Pilgrims,

I would like to inform you all that the Bombeiros Voluntários de Águeda are no longer taking in pilgrims.

Please go to the Câmara Municipal (town council) and ask for Ondina David, she will try and arrange accommodation.

The address is the following:
Praça Município
3754-500 Águeda

Telf.: +351 234 610 070

Most probably it will be in a local artist association that has capacity for about 20 people.

BOM CAMINHO!!
Helena Bernardo

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
Hi Helena,

I think that this is great news because it probably means that the Bombeiros are seeing too many pilgrims , and it's starting to interfere with their work. And I'm sure that you and the Via Lusitana are the ones to thank for lining up the substitute accommodations so quickly.

The Pensao Ribeirinho is very clean, pilgrim friendly, and 20 euros for a spotless private room with bath. I ate at the restaurant on the ground floor and thought it was pretty good too.

And if I rememer right, the Camara Municipal building is up a hill in the old center and there's a library nearby with free internet. I really thought Agueda was a nice little town.

Bom caminho to everyone -- I think we have a few forum members either getting ready or on the way from Lisbon right now! Laurie

Via Lusitana

Jun 28, 2010
Laurie,
You are too kind as usual, but in fact the merit goes to all the pioneer pilgrims that have decided to walk this Camino, without them we would not be here and would not have the "numbers" to show the different municipalities prove the importance of providing a more dignified service to them.

As an example have a look at the numbers bellow:

Camino Português month of August
Year 2009: 841 pilgrims
Holly Year 2010: 1.260 pilgrims (+49,8%).
Year 2011: 1.503 pilgrims (+19,3% than 2010 and 78,7% than 2009).

So thank you all for choosing and promoting this route!

Ultreia!
Helena

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum