• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Alicante to Pamplona or sjdpdp

Lisakline

Time of past OR future Camino
I am walking in March and April of 2019.
Hello dear members
I am beginning my 2nd (winter) camino in a week! So excited. While looking for flights from Cornwall to Spain, i found one for £16 to Alicante and impulsively bought it, not worrying about how i would get up north. Anyone here have good ideas as to how i can get to Pamplona? Appreciate the help.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Renfe train Alicante to Madrid. Renfe train Alicante to Pamplona. I think the trains terminate and start at Chamartin Madrid but you'd need to check.

If you're going to SJPdP, take Renfe from Madrid to Irun/Hendaye. If train terminates in Irun, take Donostialdea Metro from Irun Colon, located across the tracks from Irun Renfe. Take Metro (or walk) to Gare d'Hendaye. Take SNCF train from Hendaye to Bayonne and Bayonne to SJPdP.

There is no public transport from Pamplona to SJPdP in winter.

Its a full day either destination.

Of interest:

Autocares Artieda offers bus service from Pamplona bus station to Roncesvalles once daily except Sunday.

PLM Autocares offers bus service from Pamplona bus station to Arneguy, I think its twice per week.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Or you could simply start walking from Alicante. Both "Ruta de la Lana" and "Camino de Sureste" start in Alicante.
I actually considered that! But i figured i would meet more sheep than humans and get bored...

Thank you so much for your help!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum