• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

All Walks of Life - TV programme Update

timr

Time of past OR future Camino
Several and counting...
This is a TV series on RTE the national broadcaster in Ireland. I mentioned it before and some people were naturally a bit cautious about "celebrity pilgrim shows". I will recommend it again, having seen the first two programmes. I was able to watch in UK with no difficulty on a computer.
The format is very simple - a gentle pilgrim walk of a couple of hours with just two people: Mary McAleese, the former president of Ireland (who walked to Santiago while she was President) and a 'celebrity'. Gentle, sensible, non-sensational conversation. Last week an Irish sportsman and this week a lady born into the 'travelling community' and raised in a caravan at the side of the road who has gone on to become a sociologist and a member of the Council of State. Both were unassuming and inspiring. Really very nice programmes, and not what some feared.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks for the reminder. I will set to record the series as I might forget on the day it airs. I watched without sound for some of the time, just drinking in the scenery. To be explored...

Most read last week in this forum