• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

American Discovery Trail - Sea to Shining Sea Podcast

Dave

Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
I've just wrapped up my last two new episodes of my ADT-focused podcast, Sea to Shining Sea, at least for the next six months. Getting closer to departure for my coast-to-coast walk now--just eight days away!

Here's what I've produced thus far:
  • Episode 1 - Trailblazers: An introduction to the ADT with one of the route's co-founders and the first two people to through-hike it
  • Episode 2 - Delaware: The first in a series of episodes going state-by-state along the ADT, east to west. This episode examines the historical origins of Lewes, the starting point of the ADT, and a culinary history of the region
  • Episode 3 - Maryland & DC: A description of the route through rural eastern MD, the urban clustering between Annapolis and DC, and then the long, quiet walk along the C&O and the Potomac, plus a deep dive into Maryland history
  • Episode 4 - West Virginia: Transitioning into hill country, including a climb to Dolly Sods, and a look into the Civil War, natural resources, and labor tensions in the state's past
  • Episode 5 - Walking for a Cause: Two ADT walkers talk about the causes that inspired their walks
  • Episode 6 - Ohio: The ADT in Ohio largely follows the Buckeye Trail, a 1400-mile loop trail that passes through a series of stunning state parks and scenic areas. This episode explores highlights from those trails and then takes a closer look at the legacy of the Underground Railroad in the state
I aim to continue this at some point, once I make it back from the big walk.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!